Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Clark
United States
Vicksburg
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
I lose to my wife while she shops on her phone.
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you guys think of the hard AI on the app? If it were a human opponent, how good a player would you consider it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be a very good opponent. It certainly isn't easy, that's for sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good. Advanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Clark
United States
Vicksburg
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
I lose to my wife while she shops on her phone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering. I haven't played a human opponent in a long time other than a couple friends I play with. I have gotten to where I beat hard AI maybe a third of the time. Wondering how my skillz stack up, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always play other people on Boardgamearena. I always play on there with the first arc of expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kester J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's strong, but not as good as the strongest human players. I think win rates were discussed once before, and there was a (small) consensus that it's possible to get up to ~80% win rates against the hard AI in 2-player games.

33% is decent though - don't feel too bad about that - but there is more to learn if you're so inclined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Intermediate +

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mgclark29 wrote:
What do you guys think of the hard AI on the app? If it were a human opponent, how good a player would you consider it?
IIRC, "hard AI" on the Temple Gates Games version is equivalent to the only difficulty level on the original Keldon's AI that got released around last decade (so 2008)?

If so, then yeah, it's quite competitive. It does have some quirks that I don't know got fixed in the TGG version including but not limited to:
--overvaluing Prestige (with BoW exp.)
--spending Prestige to draw 3 cards last turn of game (BoW), when Prestige is worth 1pt, while 3 cards are only a tiebreaker

--it keeps naked trading when it really shouldn't have. One case, this went on fo 8 rounds!

My average games in 2p are roughly
50 wins vs. 30 losses to AI

In 4p...
30 vs. 50 losses to ANY AI opponent (IOW, "I didn't win")

I think I'm good, but not "renuard-good", where I can analyze down to the "meta meta", and get into people's heads which action they'd choose, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kester wrote:
It's strong, but not as good as the strongest human players. I think win rates were discussed once before, and there was a (small) consensus that it's possible to get up to ~80% win rates against the hard AI in 2-player games.

33% is decent though - don't feel too bad about that - but there is more to learn if you're so inclined.

First correct answer quoted for truth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.