Subject: 20 years anniversary game is in the works rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In an interview on the standalone game Rise of the Inka, Benjamin Teuber has mentioned work on the 20 years anniversary game.

https://www.catan.com/game/catan-rise-inkas#interview

Quote:
Where do you get the inspirations for new CATAN games from?
Klaus: We both like to take an exciting story and bring it to life in a game. The inspiration for developing a new CATAN game mostly comes from historical events, as with “Rise of the Inkas,” and sometimes from fictitious settings, as with “Starfarers,” or from a novel, as with “A Game of Thrones – CATAN.”

Benjamin: Last year, we started to develop the story of Catan further by means of new games. In the anniversary edition “Legend of the Sea Robbers” we described how the sea robbers came to Catan and made life difficult for the Catanians. On the occasion of the 20th anniversary of “Cities & Knights,” we are currently working on a legend that centers around the Catanians’ struggle against a powerful barbarian army wanting to conquer Catan. As far as the level of sophistication is concerned, it will probably be the most complex CATAN game we have ever developed. Afterwards, we want to create a game that tells the story of how the settlers fled their homeland and came to Catan.

I am a bit curious how the "most complex Catan game so far" will compare to boardgames for other than casual gamers. In my experience, even C&K can still be played and mastered by casual gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder when it will be announced /released, as we're already halfway through the year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought the release order base game, Seaf. and C&K are also the same for the storyline. However, this makes it sound like it's going to be a "flashback" or "prequel thing".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.