Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this should be in a different forum, but it felt relevant here. There's LOTS of news on Kill Team on the community page.

They've been more definitive with their wording here. Of particular note:

"Over the years, Warhammer fans have enjoyed a range of skirmish games, from past iterations of Kill Team to the recent Shadow War: Armageddon. We’ve taken the best of these systems and combined them to create a brand new gaming experience.

The new Kill Team takes the stuff we know you love – deep squad customisation, narrative progression and development, low model counts – and marries it to cutting-edge rules design, bringing in the team behind Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire to ensure the ruleset is as tight and balanced as possible."

Full info here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/07/05/5th-july-kill...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Searles
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it makes a lot of sense to post this here. I've kept telling people that this is replacing Shadow War and now we finally have an official answer.

Personally I think this looks great and the fact that it's being built as something that will continue to receive support (unlike Shadow War) is going to be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crasher wrote:
I think it makes a lot of sense to post this here. I've kept telling people that this is replacing Shadow War and now we finally have an official answer.

Personally I think this looks great and the fact that it's being built as something that will continue to receive support (unlike Shadow War) is going to be great.

Yeah. I had this discussion with you before, which is one of the reasons I dropped this here and pulled the more specific quote for people. Earlier teasers had basically referred to it as a new edition of Kill Team. But now it's confirmed it really isn't.

It's getting absolutely buckets of support according to this latest news burst - team packs and battlefield packs are a very cool idea. I'm hoping I can get away with just a book purchase, but those card decks make me think I'll have to do some additional spending
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Searles
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

Yeah. I had this discussion with you before, which is one of the reasons I dropped this here and pulled the more specific quote for people. Earlier teasers had basically referred to it as a new edition of Kill Team. But now it's confirmed it really isn't.

It's getting absolutely buckets of support according to this latest news burst - team packs and battlefield packs are a very cool idea. I'm hoping I can get away with just a book purchase, but those card decks make me think I'll have to do some additional spending

Did you happen submit it to the database here yet? I'm psyched to start seeing the community develop on BGG. I mean it's coming out on the 28th!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s not in the submission queue at the moment, so if you want to add it you can go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.