Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Perry
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
I recently received a request from a player for rules that could support 5 and 6 players. In response, I whipped together the following rulesets.

(Please note that at the time of this writing, these rules have only been tested by one playgroup, but the reviews from that playgroup have been positive so far. If you do give these a try, I would love to hear about your experience!)

5 and 6 Player Time Barons Rules

—Shuffle the core & expansion sets together. Then deal out random stacks in the following sizes: 36 Level I cards, 25 Level II cards, 16 Level III cards, 9 Level IV cards. Put the rest of the cards back in the box.

—With 5 players, use Free For All rules as written, but increase the number of weapon tokens required to forge a weapon from 3 to 4.

—With 6 players, use Team rules, specifically 3 teams of 2 people each, sitting in alternating fashion around the table, as in Team A -> Team B -> Team C -> Team A -> Team B -> Team C. If one teammate loses all followers the whole team is knocked out. Last team standing wins. At the beginning of the game, the first two players in turn order only get 2 actions on their opening turn. Then all players get 3 actions per turn forever after that.

—Please note that games will likely last longer at these higher player counts. Also expect that players who are eliminated may have to wait around a bit.

—You may run out of certain types of tokens, so be prepared to substitute with other counters you may have lying around.

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Akis Iosifidis
Greece
Zakynthos
flag msg tools
mbmb

Cool idea to make this nice game even better!
Everyone I played with liked the game so far.
Keep up the good work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.