Sam Lin
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Q1:Is it a legal move to click on a search/explore/person icon on the app to check the text without proceeding(ie action icon) if you are not in that space?

Q2: Is there an official answer for whether a monster evasion is needed while taking Duke's free trade action? If yes, is it only required when the monster is at the space where the trade takes place, not the space the investigator with Duke is in?

Q3: With duke, can you do multiple trades involving more than a space within range? If yes to Q2, is more than one evasion needed in this case?

I've asked FFG through customer service few days ago for above questions, but still no reply yet. Hope to find answers here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You can click the to check them out. You just can’t activate them for an action if you’re not in the same space.

2. I don’t have an answer for this one. I don’t use duke enough to have this come up, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1: Yes. You can click any icon at any time, but cannot choose any option that requires an action without spending the action.

2: I don't think we ever got it officially answered, but we did come to a consensus that no check is needed as no action is being taken.

3: No. As with all items, you only get a single use of Duke per timing instance. Duke says you get to make 'a' free trade action, so that limits you to one action's worth of stuff, which is limited to one target space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lin
Taiwan
flag msg tools
1: I find it very hard if that is prohibited.

3:I have this question because it said "any" instead of "a". "a" would match your opinion better, while using "any" kind of implies that you consider all spaces within range as one single space to perform the trade, and there are no limits of trade amounts within one space during a trade action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sammylin414 wrote:
3:I have this question because it said "any" instead of "a". "a" would match your opinion better, while using "any" kind of implies that you consider all spaces within range as one single space to perform the trade, and there are no limits of trade amounts within one space during a trade action.

No. 'Any' in this context cannot be used to refer to all the spaces. You are performing a single trade action and that trade action could be in any one of the spaces that are within range.

Yes, sometimes 'any' can mean 'all', but that doesn't work with the rest of Duke's wording. If they wanted to make Duke work with all the spaces at the same time, they would have used 'every' rather than 'any'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cotton
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
1: Yes. You can click any icon at any time, but cannot choose any option that requires an action without spending the action.

2: I don't think we ever got it officially answered, but we did come to a consensus that no check is needed as no action is being taken.

3: No. As with all items, you only get a single use of Duke per timing instance. Duke says you get to make 'a' free trade action, so that limits you to one action's worth of stuff, which is limited to one target space.

👍👍 Nailed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.