Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
129 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Arkham Horror: Co-Op! - Game Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
kuchick wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:
Looks like gates opened at:
Unnameable
Historical Society
Esoteric Order of Dragon
Wizard's Hill

I closed and sealed Unnameable.

Then I would say head towards Wizard's Hill? Unless someone was heading there...

I saw that. I can't get to a gate, so my main goal is to end somewhere with the red diamond to see if I can get lucky enough to block one. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get from the unvisited isle to wizard's hill, but I'll take another look.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
is anyone else headed to Wizard's Hill? I can head that way and end this turn at the Train station targeting arrival in Wizard's Hill in 2 turns.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kuchick wrote:
is anyone else headed to Wizard's Hill? I can head that way and end this turn at the Train station targeting arrival in Wizard's Hill in 2 turns.

I would say maybe stay and block a gate and see if one opens in Arkham?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
Please stop posting. I am turning off movement at this time and will begin to process encounters.

This phase should end tomorrow evening when I post the mythos.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
Arkham Advertiser!


Martial Law declared in Arkham!

In what is both a piece of good news and bad news, law enforcement agencies from around the area have come to Arkham to help put down the civil unrest that has been occurring over the last several weeks. We at the newspaper do not condone some of the heavy-handed tactics that they have employed, but it is difficult to truly judge against them when they have stopped the lynch mobs that were forming and they have started to bring the city back into some form of order. Resulting from the sudden abandonment of the upheavals that have plagued our fair city, movement seems to return to normal - with the obvious restriction that the police and other authorities have started to come down hard on anyone out after curfew.

The mayor has requested formal assistance from the governor, and it has been provided. But with that aid comes the condition that our local populace be restrained from having free reign in our city. To that end, there have been reports of our good citizens being harassed and arrested just for being out after dark. It would behoove you to stay out of the streets unless you had a dire reason.


---------------------------------------


And where the power of the mob had held the people in check, now they were turning to their oppressors and asking to be held back. If he were human, he would be smiling gleefully. As it was, he could barely contain his mirth as he watched as, in each of his targeted cities, the people were facing ever increasing threats. He was satisfied that he was making good progress ... in spite of the occasional setback.

He could start to focus his psyche into other realities, bringing new dangers and new threats to bear. If he could not remove his enemies from the gameboard, then it was time to start plaguing them with horrors they had never encountered before.


---------------------------------------

She didn't like the idea of returning to the Lodge, for it was highly likely that there were agents looking for her. But out of all of the different places in Arkham where she could learn more about what was going on, there had to be something she could learn here.

Desperately trying to appear calm and confident, she walked into the building, acknowledged one of the men sitting behind the desk with a curt nod, then turned and made for the hidden recesses of the Lodge. There may be something out in the visitor's area, but the odds of something valuable? Not likely. She walked into the Inner Sanctum without even being approached. What could she find?

Making her way down the initial hallway, her mind raced. Perhaps the library would have some hidden research material. Perhaps there would be rumors lying about in the lounge. Perhaps the ritual chamber in the darkest areas of the building. There were so many choices and she knew her time was limited. Carl Sanford, the Lodge Master, had to have people looking for her. And certainly would had spread among the other constituents. How long before she would be asked a question she could not answer? How long before she was detained and turned over to the leadership? How long ... ... how long had that door been open?

There was a light coming from around the corner. She hadn't ever seen this door open before, but there were only so many rooms that could be down here. Glancing back and forward again, she was confident she could enter the room without being seen - unless there were someone inside. But as she peered into the room, she was both thankful and exuberant! The room was empty, the door apparently left open accidentally. This was the Lodge's hidden Vault of Silver Secrets! Perhaps she had not been destined here to find knowledge, but to acquire power ...

She walked into the room, looking about. There was something that could be very useful in the days to come - a weapon of great strength! She grabbed it and stashed it in her robe. Now if she could only escape this infernal building before being discovered ...



----------------------------------------

ENVIRONMENT (URBAN):
Any investigator who ends his movement in the streets must pass a Will (+0) check or be arrested and taken to the Police Station.

----------------------------------------

Gate opens at Unvisited Isle this turn.

Currently 4 monsters on the Arkham board.

Rumor has 5 Tokens.


----------------------------------------

No posting. You need to provide (or confirm) your skill slider information. If you're happy with where you're at, simply just confirm the current numbers in your modchat.

Movement and dialogue will start Monday at approximately 4:00 PM, with or without your input. It will start earlier if every player checks in and changes/confirms their sliders. It can start as early as tomorrow morning if every player checks in.

Movement phase will end on Tuesday evening.


As always, ask questions if you have them.


----------------------------------------

I need everyone to confirm their sliders at this time. Once you do, I'll confirm the data I have on your character sheet for money and clues. Thanks.[/b]}r
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
Still missing some skill slider information. Please check in on your Cassy chat if you have not done so this weekend. Thank you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
Delayed as I had a local internet outage.

I believe I have corrected all of the movement restrictions from the previous environmental card. If you think you should have access to a location from your current site, but don't - then speak up.

You may move and post, as per the previous rules.
Quote:
Here are the rules:

1. If you are in an Other World, stop reading now. Like, right now. I will tell you when you can come back.

2. If you are in a suburb, you may follow along with the thread, but you are not allowed to post.

3. Standard messaging rules still apply, so if you are in Kingsport or wherever and want to send a runner to address something you read in the thread, then just let me know and I'll send a message on your behalf.

4. You are not allowed to discuss any of the following in the thread:
a. Your specific role.
b. The location of your current skill sliders.
c. ... uhrm. I dunno. I may think of something else.
You may continue to discuss any of this information freely in chat.

Expect me to end movement after 5:00 PM BGG.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
linguistfromhell wrote:
Expect me to end movement after 5:00 PM BGG.
I am delaying this until at least later tonight as a number of people have not checked in since movement started. Apparently Cabin Con was this weekend, and so there are a few folks missing today.

I will check back later tonight and if the majority of people have used all of their movement allowance (or are otherwise stopped), then I'll start giving out encounters. Worst case, I'll stop movement tomorrow. That'll allow Wednesday night and Thursday for encounters and Thursday night and Friday for Mythos posting and upkeep. You'll be able to move and coordinate over the weekend.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
*Patrice Hathaway*

Anyone know where monsters are? I wanna try to get to The Woods.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mono
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be cool. Don't be all, like.... uncool
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
*Patrice Hathaway*

Anyone know where monsters are? I wanna try to get to The Woods.
Hank

I'm in the Woods now and no monsters were here yesterday when I went here. I can try leaving and let you know if it's still clear.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
monogarden wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:
*Patrice Hathaway*

Anyone know where monsters are? I wanna try to get to The Woods.
Hank

I'm in the Woods now and no monsters were here yesterday when I went here. I can try leaving and let you know if it's still clear.

*Patrice Hathaway*

Sure! I am going to head to Southside Streets, then whatever the entrance to The Woods is.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
Arkham Advertiser!


Research Expedition Returns!

In spite of all of the chaos that is surrounding our fair city as of late, our own Miskatonic University was able to claim a victory today! A number of researchers and scientists from the university had arranged for the funding and study of some arctic phenomena only last spring! It has been reported that the vessel returned triumphantly late last evening after spending the last several months near the Arctic Pole, searching for evidence of ancient people and some of their undertakings. Dr. William Dyer, a senior geologist at Miskatonic University, led a well-rounded group of scholars north and initial reports have indicated that Dr. Dyer as well as a good number of others have come back with much to study over the autumn and winter before preparing to set sail another time! An unidentified source on the vessel informed this reporter that Dr. Dyer is intrigued by his findings and plans to sail to the South Pole next year in search of comparing and contrasting his findings against what he may find at the other pole! No word yet on the specific findings, but he's got a short ten months ahead of him to work on his current material before his vessel needs to depart for other climes. In the meantime, our science editor will be giving you updates, as he can, on Dr. Dyer's findings!


---------------------------------------


She could only take her victories in small doses, but each one made a tangible difference. She had been aware of what the doctor had actually "found" on his travels to the north and she had been able to convince a few of the crew to leave behind the more dangerous of the crates. What looked like sculptures and rock to most would wake and become mobile in warmer temperatures. She had seen the damage that Elder Things had done to other places in other times and she did not want them becoming unmanageable before the time was right. If only she could remove other destructive elements ...

A frown crossed her face. Perhaps the universe was laughing at her. While she had been distracted with the multiple elder things, a Servitor had gotten loose in this dimension. How could she send word to her unaware allies?


---------------------------------------

The scientist climbed up the hill to the old ritual site. Who knows how many years or centuries it had been since people gathered here? Who knows how long it's been since people came out here and worshipped something, anything, that they couldn't rely on? Mythology, religions - they were all a sham. No one could prove the existence of gods or angels, but science, science was fact. It was proven. It was conclusive. She scoffed at the thought of finding some old and forgotten relic, but she knew that rumors had been circulating back in Arkham that something was amiss, and so here she was, at least willing to give the believers the benefit of the doubt. Making her way up to the first of the large dolmens, she saw the outline of a man beginning to take shape in the center of the circle before she was suddenly surprised by a monster that lunged at her from the periphery of her vision. She jumped, reacting more with panic than with conscious thought, as the thing moved in her direction. She only barely noticed the outline of a woman moving amonst the large rocks as the other creature advanced on her. One at a time. She knew she needed to focus on one at a time ...

Composing herself, she gained her footing and faced up against the monster. Like the old wives' tales of zombies, it was shambling toward her in a determined, yet unhurried pace. She backed off a few steps and closed her eyes. She had learned of a tool that could help, if only she would be able to focus for a moment. Repeating the phrase to herself a number of times, she opened her eyes and she could feel the unfamiliar buzz of the mystic energy filling her up as she pulled out the borrowed cavalry saber. In spite of her ungainly attack, the monster continued on unabated. His form blurring as she tried to focus, she maintained the aim of the strike and the creature's natural defenses were no match to the combination of the mystical energy and the sharp metal. It crumpled, as though its strings were cut.

Quickly turning to find the other woman as well as assess the arrival of the new man, she caught movement coming from the far side of the ritual site. Scooting around the rocks, trying to stay quiet, eventually, she got close to the Witch. The Witch had been focusing on the man as he slowly became corporeal, and she was not even ready for the other woman's strike, having assumed the shambler would have dealt with the intruder. Expecting the Witch to have defenses against her spell, she pulled out a crowbar. Not being ambidextrous, using two weapons might not work well, but it would be better than just one in case the witch struck back. Either way, she had to move quickly! Taking the step out from behind the large rock, the witch was unready for such an emboldened attack and she tried, but failed, to twist away. The scientist followed her movement with the tip of the saber and impaled her on the ground. As the demon in woman form hissed and coiled at the intrusion, she took her crowbar in hand and struck her target again and again ... and again.

As the man came into focus, he jumped back, holding his hands in the air. "I'm not here to fight you, I hope." She smiled and replied "They didn't seem happy to see you, so if you'll work on closing the hole you came out of, I'll work on disposing of these bodies." He nodded assent quickly, and the two of them focused on their new tasks.



----------------------------------------

ENVIRONMENT (URBAN):
Any investigator who ends his movement in the streets must pass a Will (+0) check or be arrested and taken to the Police Station.

----------------------------------------

Gate opens at Hibb's Roadhouse this turn.

Currently 4 monsters on the Arkham board.

Rumor has 6 Tokens.


----------------------------------------

No posting. You need to provide (or confirm) your skill slider information. If you're happy with where you're at, simply just confirm the current numbers in your modchat.

Movement and dialogue will start as soon as all of the investigators but one confirm their sliders. Worst case, it'll start Monday morning (specific time TBD). It can start as early as dinner if enough players check in.

Movement phase will end on Tuesday evening.


As always, ask questions if you have them.


----------------------------------------

I need everyone to confirm their sliders at this time. Once you do, I'll confirm the data I have on your character sheet for money and clues. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
I will be posting all of your data in your Encounter Chats immediately after posting this. If you see an error, please let me know.

At this time, movement has been turned on. You may move and post (if allowed). Remember the rules posted earlier. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
*Patrice*

I need to go to Independence Square but am not sure if there's monsters.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mono
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be cool. Don't be all, like.... uncool
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
*Patrice*

I need to go to Independence Square but am not sure if there's monsters.
Hank

There are two monsters north of Miskatonic University.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
For what it's worth, I have been waiting on a couple of people to finish their movement before starting encounters. As it's getting late, I am just going to say that you can post if you want. I have to come home tomorrow by lunch for a shipment I'm expecting, so I will start encounters as soon as I get home while I wait for the delivery.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
Ending movement and starting encounters at this time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
Sorry, I was asked to help a few friends with the redneck navy in the Carolinas and we ended up with shitty reception most of the weekend. I am checking in on chats and finishing one or two encounters that needed answers, then I'll be posting the Mythos as soon as I get the opportunity tomorrow.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
Arkham Advertiser!


The Curfew Tightens!

In spite of both local and federal law enforcement officials working their hardest to keep the streets clear of any troublemakers, there are still too many reports to count of harassment, vandalism, burglary, arson, and even a small handful of assaults! There is no sign that the curfew will lessen any time soon, and we extol our readers to remain off of the streets except when needed!


---------------------------------------


Finally, there was a sense of consciousness. There was a sense of ... purpose? He felt as though he was being raised from in some mental and emotional muck that had threatened to envelop him forever. The barrier between what he was and what he could become was thinning, and the time would soon come when all hell would break loose, and the Horror would be its herald!

---------------------------------------

The farmhand found himself walking through the Merchant District. He had been accosted by strange, otherworldly creatures. He had seen strange things in woods and caves and scattered across this city. But something felt as though it were missing. He stopped and looked down the road that would take him to the water. He had been down that road before, some time ago. But had it only been a few days ago? Or had it been another lifetime ..?

He felt a strange urge, calling him toward the water, under the water. There was a feeling as though perhaps he belonged there ...

But then, just as suddenly, the feeling passed. He shook his head clear, then refocused himself and continued on his journey north.



----------------------------------------

ENVIRONMENT (URBAN):
Any investigator who ends his movement in the streets must pass a Will (+0) check or be arrested and taken to the Police Station.

----------------------------------------

Gate opens at Devil Reef this turn.

Currently 3 monsters on the Arkham board.

Rumor has 7 Tokens.


----------------------------------------

No posting. You need to provide (or confirm) your skill slider information. If you're happy with where you're at, simply just confirm the current numbers in your modchat.

Movement and dialogue will start as soon as all of the investigators but one confirm their sliders. Worst case, it'll start Wednesday when I get home from work.

Movement phase will end Thursday evening, probably very late.


As always, ask questions if you have them.


----------------------------------------

I need everyone to confirm their sliders at this time. Once you do, I'll confirm the data I have on your character sheet for money and clues. Thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
Still waiting to confirm one player, but I've turned on movement. At this time, you may move and chat as desired. Please remember that if you are:
In an Other World, you should not be reading this thread (bad Investigator!)
In a suburb (Dunwich, Innsmouth, Kingsport), you can follow along, but you may not post
On the main board, you are free to read AND post.

Movement will end tomorrow later on in the evening. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
*Patrice*

What is the plan? Where are monsters?

PS: Silas (Slathe) closed and sealed a gate using my clues.

I have 7 now I think.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
*Skids*

I closed a gate at the Historical Society. I still haven't collected any clues for my mission.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
*Skids*

I closed a gate at the Historical Society. I still haven't collected any clues for my mission.

Why didn't you ask for my clues so you could seal it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
Looks like gates opened at:
Unnameable
Historical Society
Esoteric Order of Dragon
Wizard's Hill

Plus the gate that just opened.

Kate (kuchick) sealed Unnameable.
Silas (Slathe) sealed a gate.
Skids (RoyalApe) closed Historical Society.

So there should be two gates open at present.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a Mummy at the Police Station ... with me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |