flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
*Skids*

I closed a gate at the Historical Society. I still haven't collected any clues for my mission.

Why didn't you ask for my clues so you could seal it?

I have clues - just not new ones towards my goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
*Skids*

I closed a gate at the Historical Society. I still haven't collected any clues for my mission.

So did you seal it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
*Skids*

So did you seal it?

is there a difference between close/seal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
*Skids*

So did you seal it?

Close - gate disappears.
Seal - gate disappears and no more gates can open there.

It's like curing versus eradicating a disease in Pandemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mono
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be cool. Don't be all, like.... uncool
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus a number of sealed gates wins us this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
*Skids*

So did you seal it?

Close - gate disappears.
Seal - gate disappears and no more gates can open there.

It's like curing versus eradicating a disease in Pandemic.

Can you ask Ling if you can retroactively seal? If you have five clues. If you don't, maybe he would let you use mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
I already had him retroactively put me back at the game when I left after coming out - I don't want to have him do that again.

Sorry, I haven't been good in this for a while

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Carolyn

I have this I can pass off if you'd like:
http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Puzzle_Box
Would they count toward your mission?

If we travel together I can treat the sanity loss.

I'm at Ma's. Any monsters nearby?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
Carolyn

I have this I can pass off if you'd like:
http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Puzzle_Box
Would they count toward your mission?

If we travel together I can treat the sanity loss.

I'm at Ma's. Any monsters nearby?

*Patrice*

None in French Hill or Rivertown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Carolyn

Luke closed a gate in Wizard's Hill, and is currently in Artist's Colony.

What's the general plan currently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
Carolyn

Luke closed a gate in Wizard's Hill, and is currently in Artist's Colony.

What's the general plan currently?

Did he not seal it either? We need to seal gates. -_-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
Luke says:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:
Luke says:

That doesn't answer the question of whether he sealed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:
Luke says:

He said no.
And he didn't have the clues, and wasn't able to ask if he could use yours.

On that note, do you have enough for multiple people to dip into at once?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:
Luke says:

He said no.

I have 7.
Why can't he use mine? Part of my ability is letting anyone who's playing use them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:
Luke says:

He said no.

I have 7.
Why can't he use mine? Part of my ability is letting anyone who's playing use them.

Actually I have 8.
So if someone had a clue or two, I can help seal two gates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
When I got back from work on Friday, there were still individuals that hadn't finished their movement, so I let it ride. As most players disengage over the weekend, I saw no reason to end posting Friday night or Saturday when it wouldn't change anything and perhaps, players would keep having conversations in thread.

I am now processing encounter requirements, whether or not you have finished your movement. If you have any decisions to make, please do so by late afternoon on Monday as I will be pushing forward with the Mythos Monday after dinner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Arkham Advertiser!

The Feds Leave Arkham!

After weeks of chaos in the streets followed by weeks more of being locked down by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, state marshals, and law enforcement agencies from around the state, the local government has finally made the decision to take a step back from the city! The announcement was made earlier today by the mayor after long discussions with both the governor and regional FBI agents. There were a good number of individuals locked up, with many assorted charges filed against them - including rioting, disturbing the peace, unlawful assembly, public nuisance, vandalism, and many others.

At this time, the authorities here in Arkham feel as though the worst of the troublemakers have been identified and rounded up. Almost a dozen of the worst were taken to area penitentiaries with a large number having filed through the offices of our local sheriff, out on bail and currently awaiting their time in court.

---------------------------------------

Finally, she was able to sway those in power to loosen their grip on the poor citizenry of Arkham. Her attention had wavered from targeted city to targeted city, and she had not noticed until it was too late when the city was first plunged into anarchy. What was worse was knowing the normal overreaction that always came from those in power when they felt as though it was being lost - applying more restrictions, tightening freedoms, making the normal person afraid ... which inevitably gave them their power back, if not more. The cycle had happened more than once in her lifetime, and humans were not immune. Even her peers, eons ago, were not immune. When their leaders were threatened, they took brutal, decisive steps to keep their place, under the color of authority.

And as she felt the reins fall off of the individuals who had been working - unknowing to them - alongside her, she knew that something had risen in its place. It took some time, some divination, but it finally revealed itself. The enemies they fought had become even more dangerous than before. She could only pray that her allies could hold them at bay while she worked to undo the terrible magic.

The man stood out on the pier, looking out at the distant shores of the Devil Reef. He had heard a good number of stories about the island, most of them more fantastical than he was willing to believe - but there were enough stories that even if a small percentage were true, there would be enough dangers for anyone. He hired the boatman to take him out, and having paid his fee, stood out on the bow as it pulled away from the dock.

The wind blew at him, the spit of the water spraying his face and making him wipe his brow as the boat raced against the waves. Wincing at the onslaught, he started looking for any of the signs that he had been told about the Reef and the rumored pathway to an underwater world. He couldn't ask a ton of questions because the locals out in Innsmouth didn't like outsiders OR questions, but a few were willing to share half-remembered stories and details passed down from their forefathers. Some of them, any of them, could be true or not out here in this cursed place.

As the boatman neared the island, the man stood. The hairs on the back of his neck stood on end - he knew there was something afoot. There was something more tangible here than "fantastical stories". He protected his eyes against the splashing water and tried to look closer through the mist and fog. ... there! The monster stood tall, tentacles waving on some breeze that only it could feel, an amorphous, misshapen horror moving in the faint light behind it. The man's courage was tested, and while he felt the cold strings of logic, he knew that logic alone could not dictate his actions. He thanked the boatman and dove into the water away from the two beasts roaming the island. Making his way up onto shore, the roaring of the waves masked his approach.

He was able to reach drier ground, and finding a good place to hide, he started searching for something that would indicate where the void was. There had to be someplace near letting these ... things into reality. After several minutes, he was able to make out the blurriness associated with the gates - but it was considerably closer to the gigantic monster than he liked. There was nothing to do but risk it!

Sprinting across the open air, the sound of his feet drew their attention and they swung, ready for an attack. There was no attack coming, though, and they saw that the annoying little human had jumped into the space beyond.

... they would be ready for his return.

----------------------------------------

ENVIRONMENT (MYSTIC):
An arcane ritual increases the Stamina damage of all monsters by 1.

Gate opens at Black Cave this turn.

Currently 4 monsters on the Arkham board.

Rumor has 8 Tokens.

No posting. You need to provide (or confirm) your skill slider information. If you're happy with where you're at, simply just confirm the current numbers in your modchat.

Movement and dialogue will start as soon as all of the investigators but one confirm their sliders. Worst case, it'll start Wednesday mid-afternoon.

Movement phase will end Thursday evening.

As always, ask questions if you have them.

I need everyone to confirm their sliders at this time. Once you do, I'll confirm the data I have on your character sheet for money and clues. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Movement has been turned on. If you are on the main board, you may post. If you are not in an Other World, you may follow along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carolyn

Still at Ma's.

What needs to be done?

Anyone know of monsters near me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
Carolyn

Still at Ma's.

What needs to be done?

Anyone know of monsters near me?

They weren't there on my way to Velma's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I ran into Diana at the Easttown Streets.

2. You can exchange clues and allies at Velma's. I think players with plenty of clues should maybe meet me there so I can basically hoard the clues and allow people to seal gates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Sorry, yesterday's weather kind of played havoc with us here and I wasn't in a hurry to finish movement as some players hadn't moved yet.

I am starting to run all encounters at this time. Please check in sometime (really, at any point at all) over the weekend. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Arkham Advertiser!

Weather sets in!

After last week's departure of the federal agents that had occupied our fair city, mother nature has filled in for their absence. It seems as though a great storm is moving in from off of the coast, bringing with it torrential rains and high winds. A good number of boaters have been unable to leave port, owing to the waves crashing down on our shores and the streets are empty now because people want to avoid becoming drenched. It seems that a hurricane might be better to clear the streets than the government.

Editor's note: There have been a number of reports of strange things taking place in the shadows, but please stop sending in your stories of fanciful creatures playing peek-a-boo from behind a tree. The Arkham Advertiser is a serious newspaper and is here to report facts, not tell campfire stories.

He hadn't really noticed when the people of the whimpering city had stopped falling prey to his whispers and his suggested paranoia, but that was one of the perks of letting them fool themselves. He had done nothing but stir the pot, as the humans would say, and they fed upon themselves. It was almost comedic how they tightened their grip on their own people and prevented their "heroes" from having a positive effect on the situation.

At some point during the chaos that had sprung up, he had started turning more to the surrounding environment. While the men had been focused so much on their own kind, he had been spending a great deal of energy to get nature itself to lash out at them. In some places, it was only laughably easy. In others, it was so impossible as to not be worth the effort. But here, here in this town called Arkham, the sea was close at hand. His allies in Innsmouth would relish in the harsh weather. His pet in Dunwich would soon be free. And they had taken long enough with his distractions that he would soon overwhelm them with his minions. His time was drawing close!

ENVIRONMENT (MYSTIC):
Sneak checks in Arkham are made at a -1 penalty. Speed checks in Arkham are made at a +1 bonus, and investigators receive 1 extra movement point. The Sky is considered to be adjacent to all unstable locations as well as all street areas.

Gate opens at Gardner's Place this turn.

Currently 11 monsters on the Arkham board.

Rumor has FAILED. Gate burst has taken place.

No posting. You need to provide (or confirm) your skill slider information. If you're happy with where you're at, simply just confirm the current numbers in your modchat.

Movement and dialogue will start tomorrow, after I get home from work.

Movement phase will end THURSDAY EVENING.

As always, ask questions if you have them.

I need everyone to confirm their sliders at this time. Once you do, I'll confirm the data I have on your character sheet for money and clues. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
I believe the map is correct. If at any time, you find yourself in a location that you did not expect, please do not hesitate to shout.

Movement will end around Thursday, after I eat dinner.

Standard posting / reading rules apply. Thanks.

(FYI, I plan on posting your current status into your encounter chat immediately after posting this. If you see any discrepancies, please ring out. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [6] |