California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
*Patrice*

What is the plan?

I think we need to really talk in thread. It feels like people aren't as ... motivated? I have a bunch of clues anyone can use to seal gates. I honestly think if we talked more, we would be able to get more gates sealed. I feel like we only need like 4 more gates sealed to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kate is sealing at Esoteric. She wants to know where to go next.

I ran into a monster and would like assistance. It's in the street area where the diner is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Carolyn

I'm going to the Black Cave, a gate opened there a couple turns ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
Kate is sealing at Esoteric. She wants to know where to go next.

I ran into a monster and would like assistance. It's in the street area where the diner is.

depending on if there are monsters in between me and there and I can get there with the last of my movement

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
So not everyone had moved when I got home on Thursday, so I let it ride.

I got back this afternoon from a good weekend camping in the Appalachians, so I'm ready to catch up. Please check your chats this evening so that we will be ready for Mythos tomorrow afternoon. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Arkham Advertiser!

Disturbance in the Woods!

Members of the Sheldon Gang, having avoided the clutches of the law enforcement so many weeks ago, have been turning themselves in to the police over the last couple of days! It seems as though they are voluntarily approaching members of the local police department and asking for shelter from something that they uncovered in the woods!

Rumor has it that the ruffians learned of some buried gold that had been put there back during the colonial period of the area, but more than one person has implied that they discovered some crypt and then opened it. It's laughable to think of the stories of the "buried mummy's curse", like what took place with Howard Carter only a few years ago, but still, the gang members are filling the cells! That's definitely good news!

---------------------------------------

ENVIRONMENT (MYSTIC):
Sneak checks in Arkham are made at a -1 penalty. Speed checks in Arkham are made at a +1 bonus, and investigators receive 1 extra movement point. The Sky is considered to be adjacent to all unstable locations as well as all street areas.

----------------------------------------

Gate opens at the Graveyard this turn.

Clue is available at the Unvisited Isle.

Currently 9 monsters on the Arkham board.

No posting. You need to provide (or confirm) your skill slider information. If you're happy with where you're at, simply just confirm the current numbers in your modchat.

Movement and dialogue will start tomorrow, after I get home from work.

Movement phase will end THURSDAY EVENING.

As always, ask questions if you have them.

I need everyone to confirm their sliders at this time. Once you do, I'll confirm the data I have on your character sheet for money and clues. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
You can begin moving and posting. I am going to begin copying in everyone's info to their encounter chats right now.

And you know, I know I said movement will end on Thursday, but let's push it to Friday - both because some people don't always finish movement in one day and because I'm watching the eye of a hurricane barrel down on me and I can't guarantee I'll have power tomorrow.

Soooo ... normal moving / posting rules, please. If you see an issue with your stats, TELL ME. Please and thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
*PATRICE*

Kate and Silas both used my clues to seal gates so I'm pretty sure we have 4 sealed gates now.

I also have 6 clues since...

THE 9TH DOOM TOKEN GOT ADDED.

Does anyone have clues?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have the gumption to make an up-to-date map with gate locations and monster sightings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
mmesich wrote:
Anyone have the gumption to make an up-to-date map with gate locations and monster sightings?

There is a gate at the Graveyard.
Silas and Kate just sealed two gates this past turn, I'm thinking off of the main board.

Two more gates were sealed at some other point by Kate and Silas.

Can you jump into the gate at the Graveyard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
mmesich wrote:

There is a gate at the Graveyard.
Silas and Kate just sealed two gates this past turn, I'm thinking off of the main board.

Two more gates were sealed at some other point by Kate and Silas.

Can you jump into the gate at the Graveyard?

I can't get there this turn, but with a slider bump next turn I could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is everybody though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the Inner Sanctum of the Silver Twilight Lodge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Alright, I am running encounters and turning off movement at this time. Thanks for waiting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silas folded up the slip of paper and handed it to the young man waiting at the door to his shack, along with a folded wad of cash. "Hurry along now, son. And keep the change. Use it to get out of town - as far from this place as possible." The young man ran out through the curtain that hung by two rusted nails above the door's frame, the cold sea breeze rushing in to fill the space where he once stood.

Silas walked back to his endtable, a half-rotted wooded crate turned on its side, and picked up his pipe. Cradling it in his hands, he lit the the end and drew a long, slow breath.

Innsmouth was his home. It was in his blood. And these last few months, he could feel it coursing through him, a tainted ballast flooding his pipes. Threatening to drag him deep down into the dark.

But he had fought against it, with all his might. Head first into the wind the whole way. For so long he'd felt adrift without a rudder, but in this struggle he found his purpose.

Innsmouth was home. And if he could fight the corruption so could she.
One day, that ship would right itself. It might just take a little bit of help from a favorable tailwind.

Silas walked out of his shack with purpose and strode towards the Innsmouth shore where his sloop was moored. He gazed into the starlit sky, his eyes fixing on the gaping tear above Gardner's Place. He pushed off, and brought the bow around to face the portal. With determination as his fuel, Silas drove the skiff onward until there was only darkness.

Telegram to all other investigators:

Innsmouth has been a pitched battle. Sealed portals at Devil's Reef and Esoteric Order of Dagon. The corruption runs deep, but I will not give up. We cannot give up. With this message, I have gone to seal the portal at Gardner's Place. One last voyage. Do not lose faith. You are our last hope.

The message ends. The portal at Gardner's Place has been sealed. The night is dark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Ling said he'd post in a bit)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Re: Arkham Horror: Co-Op! - Game Threa
Sorry for the delay. Encounters took an extra day, and when Slathe said he was going to turn in his personal story to seal a gate, I knew that the game was close to ending. I confirmed with monogarden that her plan was to try and seal the gate at the black cave, and so I rolled the dice ahead of time, since the mythos wasn't going to affect her. As theknightofcups had yet to deny anyone the use of clues to seal a gate, I couldn't imagine him saying no for the first time when he was the one person that knew you were a doom token away from the final confrontation. Well, you would have been, if I had actually processed that mythos card.

Anyway, you successfully sealed six gates and the GOO was a doom token away from waking up.

I am sorry for the plodding pace. I cou;d have forced a faster schedule, but then I would have lost as many people as I kept engaged, I think. Closing off communication in the early days forced you to play on your own, but it also made you feel as though it was a solo game in many ways. If I run a new Arkham after the third edition is released, communication will have to be reworked. I will also admit that after forgetting to check for rift counters the second time and no one even moving toward Kingsport, that it would just be easier to let that board go. That meant mono's special ability would be nullified, but a number of folks didn't use theirs at all, so ... not the worst of losses.

I plan on deleting all of the chats Monday afternoon or Tuesday, so save stuff if you want it saved. If you have questions, please ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Everyone had an ability. Misterdeadpool and royalape's were hidden.

DP: Marked: All non-unique monsters in neighboring areas will act as Stalker monsters when activated. If a player has an item or ability that prevents this movement, it becomes "discard to use". All monsters will be elusive for this player. This investigator, if alive when the GOO wakens, is removed from the game and given a victory, regardless of all else.

Royal: Prophesied One: All Horror checks and all Combat checks are treated as though you are blessed. This stacks with standard blessings. If you gain a Cursed while Blessed, you revert to starting conditions. If you gain a Cursed when not Blessed, the Horror and Combat checks will still not be affected, but the Curse will affect all other checks and will be permanent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Goooooooooo teaaaaaam!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running, Ling. I enjoyed it.

I do think I'd prefer a faster pace, but I think like most cooperatives they work best when you are playing w/ people w/ a similar style / pace / engagement level to your own so that everyone is on the same page.

That's not on you, though, just me and other players.

As always your flavor was great and the mechanics were cool. I know this game is a ton of work to run and I appreciate you taking the time to do it.

Hope to see you back around BGG more in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Slathe wrote:

I do think I'd prefer a faster pace, but I think like most cooperatives they work best when you are playing w/ people w/ a similar style / pace / engagement level to your own so that everyone is on the same page.

As always your flavor was great and the mechanics were cool. I know this game is a ton of work to run and I appreciate you taking the time to do it.

What Slathe said except in a simpler and more happy-go-lucky tone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
Slathe wrote:

What Slathe said except in a simpler and more happy-go-lucky tone.

angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mono
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be cool. Don't be all, like.... uncool
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this for us Ling! It's a massive amount of work and I always enjoyed reading the flavor bits for combat/encounters/mythos that you came up with. I also appreciate how dedicated you were to sticking with it and finishing it. And for being flexible and trying different communication styles, that was very helpful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a lot of fun, Ling, thanks for running. I think next time I'll play someone besides Luke - love him thematically but he cuts himself off from people a lot and it was a bit difficult to stay completely engaged, which is entirely on me. I loved all the flavor bits, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [6] |