Recommend
14 
 Thumb up
 Hide
71 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Half Priced Books 20% - 50% off sale week of 7/9-7/15 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith R
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I don't know if this is allowed per the "what a hot deal is" rules of needing a price, but I thought I would post just in case it's ok. It was posted last time and seemed to be fine.

Anyeay, Half Priced Books (I think quarterly)coupon sale is on this coming week 7/9-7/15. More specifically Mon and Tues 20%, Wed Thursday 30% off, Fri and Sat 40% off or Sun 50% of any single item with coupon.

They do have new board games and at times pretty good ones. Scythe, Photosynthesis, Ticket to Ride etc. They are already 20% off MSRP and then this is stacked on top of that price. My local HPB had like 8 copies of Pueto Rico new for 35.99, will be as low as $18 next week etc.

Also last sale folks had success going in on Thursday/Friday and having them hold until Sunday.



If this doesn't belong here please delete or move to retailers section I guess. But I wanted to post just in case. Had a lot of action last time this rolled around.

To get coupons go to web site and sign up to get promotional coupons. I do not think they will just give you one if you go in. At least not without joining online.
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Senser
United States
Oak Park
IL
flag msg tools
Yes they do.
badge
This isn't my dog.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
*sigh* I'm never in town when these hit.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Orr
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Bring it on! I scored Terraforming Mars for $23 last time!

Thanks for the heads up OP, I didn't get my emailed coupon yet.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, my biannual (or is it triannual) internal debate whether I should buy Planes for $7.50 or should I wait for the 4 or so copies at $15 go to the clearance section (I feel like it's been on the shelves for 2 years now)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Phelps
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
They call me Troll; Gnawer of the Moon, Giant of Gale-blasts, Curse of the Rain-Hall, Companion of the Sibyl, Nightroaming Hellion, Swallower of the Loaf of Heaven. What is a Troll but that?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KingD21 wrote:
Ah yes, my biannual (or is it triannual) internal debate whether I should buy Planes for $7.50 or should I wait for the 4 or so copies at $15 go to the clearance section (I feel like it's been on the shelves for 2 years now)


True story...

About a year ago, my local Half Price Books put their remaining copies of Planes, Trains, and Trains: Rising Sun in the clearance section for $2.99 each.

I bought a set for myself and one set for a friend.

They are all still sitting here in shrink wrap.

THE END


13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dirge the Troll wrote:
KingD21 wrote:
Ah yes, my biannual (or is it triannual) internal debate whether I should buy Planes for $7.50 or should I wait for the 4 or so copies at $15 go to the clearance section (I feel like it's been on the shelves for 2 years now)


True story...

About a year ago, my local Half Price Books put their remaining copies of Planes, Trains, and Trains: Rising Sun in the clearance section for $2.99 each.

I bought a set for myself and one set for a friend.

They are all still sitting here in shrink wrap.

THE END




Get to Trains!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geegs
United States
Anoka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I got Charterstone for $18 at my local HPB with this coupon last time. Will have to check out their selection again.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lencioni
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geegs wrote:
I got Charterstone for $18 at my local HPB with this coupon last time. Will have to check out their selection again.



dang thats a hot deal. mine were still full price
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarves are not "Happy"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this only for physical locations?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will McDonald
United States
Harrah
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeh, this can be most excellent.
Last year, I picked up a copy of Pandemic Legacy: Season 1
for less than $20 this way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn i wish there was a place i could get deals like this where i live.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben Landon
United States
Marion
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Last time they had this, I got Pandemic Legacy Season 2 for $32. I'll have to see if they have anything interesting this year time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Puente
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
Dirge the Troll wrote:
KingD21 wrote:
Ah yes, my biannual (or is it triannual) internal debate whether I should buy Planes for $7.50 or should I wait for the 4 or so copies at $15 go to the clearance section (I feel like it's been on the shelves for 2 years now)


True story...

About a year ago, my local Half Price Books put their remaining copies of Planes, Trains, and Trains: Rising Sun in the clearance section for $2.99 each.

I bought a set for myself and one set for a friend.

They are all still sitting here in shrink wrap.

THE END



Get to Trains!


I'll second this. Trains is excellent.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody have a coupon which they won't use? Thanks in advance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
edparkmike1 wrote:
Anybody have a coupon which they won't use? Thanks in advance.

Coupons are not single use. They're the same barcode for all. You can even print out multiples and have family members use them or go to different locations with them if you have a few nearby.

You can get them from the website by joining the mailing list.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JVKhoury wrote:
edparkmike1 wrote:
Anybody have a coupon which they won't use? Thanks in advance.

Coupons are not single use. They're the same barcode for all. You can even print out multiples and have family members use them or go to different locations with them if you have a few nearby.

You can get them from the website by joining the mailing list.


Just joined the list. Was not sure if too late to receive the code.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rufus Gunderson
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
edparkmike1 wrote:
JVKhoury wrote:
edparkmike1 wrote:
Anybody have a coupon which they won't use? Thanks in advance.

Coupons are not single use. They're the same barcode for all. You can even print out multiples and have family members use them or go to different locations with them if you have a few nearby.

You can get them from the website by joining the mailing list.


Just joined the list. Was not sure if too late to receive the code.


I joined the mailing a few days ago, but haven't seen the coupons yet. So I'm also hoping someone can share them with us if we don't get them this go around.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Kafka
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I went into HPB on Tuesday, and with my purchase they just handed me a sheet with some coupons for this sale, along with something to fill out to join their mailing list. Not sure if that’s something that others could still try.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith R
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I THINK (but am not 100% sure) if you went in to the store during this sale and signed up (i.e. gave them your email address) they will give you the coupons then.

They really try to get these to you and are really cool about it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinkley
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember having trouble getting the coupons after signing up for the mailing list. Like with Barnes and Noble, I think you have to select your preferred store before you start to receive the coupons via email.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith R
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
deitied wrote:
I remember having trouble getting the coupons after signing up for the mailing list. Like with Barnes and Noble, I think you have to select your preferred store before you start to receive the coupons via email.


yes I do think that is true as well. you do need to select a fav store. but you can use them at any of them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rufus Gunderson
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
Here's a copy of this week's coupons:
https://image.ibb.co/k5ytBd/HPB_2018_Summer_Mailer.png
9 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian D
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Chewps wrote:
Here's a copy of this week's coupons:
https://image.ibb.co/k5ytBd/HPB_2018_Summer_Mailer.png

Are these tied to one account, or can anybody use them?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Jeffers
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff noted above that it's the same bar code for all of them, so anyone can use them.

Thank you, Rufus! I was wondering why no one was posting a link to the actual coupons. Appreciate it!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.