Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: multiplayer skirmish games on a board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason a
msg tools
Does anyone know of any games that have skirmish battles on a board (minis are a plus) but that can handle more than 2 players in pvpvp?
Not interested in team play or any games that need movement templates - it needs to be on a board of some kind. As a reference I'm a big fan of Battlelore 2nd edition

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Wars: Imperial Assault has a skirmish mode, although it is primarily 1v1. The Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Return to Hoth expansion introduces a 4 player battle royale skirmish mode. No movement templates used, players move on a grid map. The primary drawback is the cost investment, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Abaddon, from the same designer as BattleLore and pretty cheap.

GKR: Heavy Hitters if you like not-so-mini minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Challie Coppel
United States
Huntsville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcadia Quest
Dungeon Alliance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Dungeon Command: Sting of Lolth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythic Battles: Pantheon
Time of Legends: Joan of Arc

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second Arcadia Quest, and also recommend DreadBall (Second Edition) it's a sci fi sports game with minis, but the multiplayer is great and feels like a skirmish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason a
msg tools
mkaup366 wrote:
I second Arcadia Quest, and also recommend DreadBall (Second Edition) it's a sci fi sports game with minis, but the multiplayer is great and feels like a skirmish.

Does Dreadball play multiplayer? it looks interesting but the listing says 2 players only?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorechosen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
The original Monsterpocalypse is listed as playing with 2-4, but BGG recommends it with only 2. It does have really cool minis, is played on a fold-out map grid and you could probably pick up a pretty good-sized lot on ebay for a decent price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
backatchaj wrote:
mkaup366 wrote:

Does Dreadball play multiplayer? it looks interesting but the listing says 2 players only?

The Second Edition Box comes with a board on the reverse side that supports up to six players. You'd need to acquire more teams for the other players to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.