Aeon's End: War Eternal» Forums » General

Subject: Basic Aeon's End or Outer Dark + The Void rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Garcia
msg tools
mb
Hi.

I got basic War Eternal and im looking to expand the game experience. Should i get War Eternal expansions or maybe basic game?

Can i mix the other two expansions without basic game?

Thanks for your answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
You can mix any expansions with War Eternal. I'd recommend buying Aeon's End before getting the small expansions. You'll get quite a bit more content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Garcia
msg tools
mb
Its better basic content than mini expansión content ?

Thank you for answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
The content in the base game is all good. In my opinion, two of the nemeses are weaker. Nicholas's reviews give you a ton of detail on the specific content, so I'd check those out. In general, you'll get twice the mages and significantly more market cards with the base game.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1939869/mechanism-reflectio...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean itsasecret
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ultimately depends on what difficulty type of nemeses you want. I generally find myself liking the newer nemeses more. Next I'd priority new market cards which base aeon's end will provide the most bang for your buck and then more mages is always nice. From having AE+WE you can decide if you'd still like more content and get the smaller expansions.

More market cards and more characters means more combinations and combos to explore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I need to update my reviews, but in my opinion, the extra set of Basic Nemesis cards of owning both core sets increases replay-ability well beyond what even 3 or 4 smaller expansions offers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Garcia
msg tools
mb
Thank you so much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually decided against getting 'Basic Aeon's End' and gave preference to 'Outer Dark + The Void'. My reasoning is that 'War Eternal' has been designed at the same time and playtested to work with the expansions. Thus, they complement 'War Eternal' and share the same design guidelines.

Mixing 'Base Aeon's End' and 'War Eternal' will result in a more random setup. Imho, it's easier to come up with a setup that is really hard to play or win. Also, I had the impression that the Mages from 'Base Aeon's End' were based on a different design paradigm. Their powers are more powerful individually, while the new Mages have powers that are meant to synergize better with other Mages.

So, imho, it's a decision between quantity ('more is better!' -> get 'Base Aeon's End') and quality ('better play experience' -> get 'Outer Dark + The Void').
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.