Subject: M-10 tank destroyer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eugene Dolan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Looking at putting an m-10 tank destroyer in Patton’s best , has anyone done this yet ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In truth I think there hasn't been a single variant for a new tank type at all.

It would be interesting to see Pz IV Hs, and Maybe Super Shermans in the Sinai vs Egyptians and the like. I'd think that would be very interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolaneugene wrote:
Looking at putting an m-10 tank destroyer in Patton’s best , has anyone done this yet ?

The M10 had a completely different battlefield role, you’d have to substantially rewrite the game IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola S
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cundiff wrote:

It would be interesting to see Pz IV Hs, and Maybe Super Shermans in the Sinai vs Egyptians and the like. I'd think that would be very interesting.

Actually there is a fan-made expansion (but that got ‘official’ in one of the Batlles! Magazine early issues) that lets you drive Soviet tanks against the German juggernaut on the East Front.

http://www.battlesmagazine.com/eshop/doc/6/BATTLES6_Panov-sB...

Granted, the gist of the game (i.e. the AI and hit tables) stays the same as the enemy is ‘basically’ the same...

But I agree it would be great to see new tanks...and new theaters...hence a new game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fliss
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
Damn fine soldiers, Cottonbalers by God! -- US 7th Infantry Regiment
mbmbmbmbmb
Cundiff wrote:

There is a very good variant titled "Guderian's Best" by Nigel Hodge. It starts with the invasion of Soviet Union and goes through the end of the war, all on the Eastern Front. You can find it here in the PB BGG Files section:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/83185/guderians-best-v3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Danison
United States
Cape Canaveral
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also "D-Company" Light Tanks and Light Tank Scenarios by Magnus Kimura posted in the Files Section of Patton's Best.

Take command of a M5 Stuart or M24 Chaffee.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/84916/d-company-light-tan...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.