Railways of Europe» Forums » General

Subject: What's needed to play this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Gonzalez
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi,

I got an account to post this comment. I hope this is the right place to do so.

I just grabbed this game (still sealed!) for 2€ at 'clearing inventory' sale from my local board game place.
However, I just liked the way it looked in the back and I liked trains. I read it's an expansion pack and a base game is needed, but I thought I could clear that one out later.

Well... now's the later.
I've noticed that there are a lot of 'similar' games that could be used as a base? am I wrong? Is there a way to get only the needed parts and play THIS expansion pack? could I make/replace the things that are needed?

If anyone could clarify this for me. I'm a total noob when it comes to Board Games.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Antonio, and welcome to BGG meeple

This is the basegame for all expansions of that series: Railways of the World. In this box, you'll find all you need to play on the Europe map (and you get a USA map too!)

You can also use the latest installment of the series as a base game, it's called Railways of Nippon (but be aware: there is another version of Nippon which is "only" an expansion: Railways of the World: Nippon Expansion)

Check out the page for the whole game family: Railways of the World series (however, the Nippon expansion is still missing in the description).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Gonzalez
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick reply!

Is there a way I can make/print/3D-Print the things I need to play this game? Or is it totally out of the question?

Also. Is there/would there be someone who wants this game? They still have the other sealed copy of this game. I could get it if someone REALLY wants it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To add some more detail, the base Railways of the World game plays up to 6 players & includes two more maps, an Eastern USA map that's good for 5-6 players & a Mexico map that's good for 2.

The Nippon base game has enough parts for up to 4 players, & includes one map, Japan.

The Europe map you now own is best for 4-5 players.

I wouldn't try to make/print all the pieces you'd need for this game. There are lots of cards, lots of little cardboard hexagons, paper money, train level tiles, tons of plastic trains, etc.

On the bright side, Railways of the World flips between being my #1 or #2 all-time favorite game. So, in my opinion, you're starting with a winner.

Welcome to Board Game Geek!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sauer
Australia
Whyalla Jenkins
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Heavy Euro Power
mbmbmbmbmb
Antonio, if you are keen on playing the game, have a look at the Geek Market to see if there are any cheap 2nd hand copies of the base game:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/17133/railways-world/mar...
You likely want to search for the 3rd edition or 10th anniversary edition.
Alternatively you could buy a brand new copy of the 10th anniversary edition at a game store, online store or at Eagle Gryphon Games (the publisher) website.

If you want to sell the game, try also to sell it on the Geek Market.
BGG charges only a small commission for selling via the Market.
And generally you get the buyers to send money to your Paypal address, so it is quite easy and secure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicol Stéphane
France
chateaugiron FRANCE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in your second copy. I have sent you a pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Gonzalez
Germany
flag msg tools
As for the guys looking for the extra copy, I'm sorry, but they seem to have run out of it and I intend to keep mine.

I noticed that I can get the 10 year edition, which is cool, But 100$ is a bit much... for now.

I'm definitely interested and I'll be making the investment, later. Of course telling my wife it was half of what it actually ends up costing.

Thank you all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.