Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laurent Gitton
France
Dardilly
- SELECT -
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I have a problem with the EarthWorks building at the beginning of the battle phase. From the rules, I understand I throw a die and depending on the result I have a Earthworks or the infantry dies. But from the example it is like I build one, and the die either give me another one or the infantry dies....So maybe it's only a wording problem, but the sentence "the Dangerous act of building can result in"...is ambiguous for me as I don't know if I build then I have a risk, or if I risk something when I try to build something.

Laurent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chicagopsych

houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the French version. However, in the Japan version the rules for EarthWorks are correct, but the example is incorrect because the example reflects the England version.

The risk is in the attempt to build, not afterwards. You can lose your men or have a successful completion of an Earthworks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Gitton
France
Dardilly
- SELECT -
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you....too bad....it's hard to build Earthworks :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnauld DELLA SIEGA
France
FRANCE
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
In my original version,you have:
Red: infantry dies
Yellow: no effect
Green: earthworks built

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Verssen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the example is worded incorrectly...

For clarification, at the beginning of every battle, if you have a Gun and an Infantry in the same Zone, you may roll for Earthworks. Rolling a Green or Yellow builds 1 level of EW that can go on any Gun.

If you roll a Red, the Infantry is Destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.