Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Wilson
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can grasp the movement of a "group" from a position/low to the same position/high, and having to expend 1TP. I assume it's an abstract measure of time to change the group's relative altitude to the formation. But, how about Nose/Low to Tail/Low for 0TP. Or Nose/Low to Tail/High for 1TP. What's actually happening in this case? Is the group flying through/over/under the formation to this new position? If TP's are in fact an abstraction of time (and thus fuel usage), this "magic" move has me perplexed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
mbmbmbmbmb
The bomber formation is always moving so I figured that accounted for the cheaper move to tail. Fighters go into a steep climb and the loss of speed puts us behind the formation

Similarly the higher cost to move to nose might be the difficulties of climbing while moving significantly further ahead than the formation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
Yes, Francisco has it. The formation is on the move and fighters are keeping up with it. Not easy to do while maneuvering for a good pass, steering a wide berth around enemy guns. The premise for TP cost for a fighter moving from the tail to the nose (as an example), or more accurately, from behind the formation's tail to in front of its nose, is that the TP cost would be expensive. TP is deliberately abstract so here we can assume it represents time/fuel (it can mean other things in other situations). Moving in the opposite direction costs less because the formation's own movement through space is taken into consideration.

Of course, you can always take a short cut and zoom through the formation. That move is always just one Approach Box away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Ellis
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
JWgamewhen wrote:
Of course, you can always take a short cut and zoom through the formation. That move is always just one Approach Box away.

Ah..no. Bad things happen when you take that short cut...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.