Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Trimmer
United States
Camarillo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinkering with a home-brew scenario. Seems like the Swedes are on the fence by game rules. In a real-life situation, I don't think Sweden would be so non-committal (long history between Sweden and Russia/Soviet Union). So here is my scenario idea.

Sweden gives every indication of assisting Norway (and Finland if need be) therefore STAVKA determines a preemptive strike to tie down the Swedes.

Looking at my handy Warsaw Pact OOB 1989, the Leningrad Military District has way more divisions than the 45th, 54th, 111st and others represented in the game. In fact, several divisions are higher Category than the 45th and 111st. So, using various pieces from the units represented in the game, I have a Guards Motorized Rifle Division (37th Guards Motorized Rifle Division), an attached Motorized Rifle Regiment (from the 63rd GMRD) and two Regiments of Artillery (from the 26th Artillery Division). This along with a regiment of MVD troops and five or six squadrons: 3 fighters; 2 or 3 attack. This will go up against all the Swedish troops and air squadrons. The Soviet goal would be to grab one or two important rail/road junctions in northern Sweden and protect the left flank as the 54th drives across Finland.

Haven't played it out, just have it on paper. Could be fun. Could be a failure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.