Subject: Best X-Terrain to start with... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any suggestions on which X-Terrain expansion to start with or they all pretty much the same? Was leaning towards Pontigou farm as my first, but thought I was see if any pros and cons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much depends what you want to have. They offer different challenges but all function basically alike.

If I remember correctly, Hasty Positions was the first, but it really doesn’t matter. Hasty Positiins does offer some Red Devils scenarios too. Not sure about the others off the top of my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...get them all...they look great on the table
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, in do time that as I need to refill the gaming budget coffers. - Some times the wife gives some pushback.
Just was not sure if one was better or worse to start with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pvi99th wrote:
Pretty much depends what you want to have. They offer different challenges but all function basically alike.

If I remember correctly, Hasty Positions was the first, but it really doesn’t matter. Hasty Positiins does offer some Red Devils scenarios too. Not sure about the others off the top of my head.

Agreed with Michael. Purchase what interest you and then go from there. No sense overloading yourself. You can get use to how the X-Terrain works and then adding the other pieces becomes very easy. I was hesitant at first to use the X-Terrain but it adds so much to the game. I am in the process of purchasing seconds of some to make bigger games with more terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you can't go wrong with any of them, . I'll run with the Pontigou Farm then as my entry to give it a spin.
Thanks for the feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorb wrote:
Sounds like you can't go wrong with any of them, . I'll run with the Pontigou Farm then as my entry to give it a spin.
Thanks for the feedback.

That’s a great first choice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.