Subject: ARVN and US artillery support rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Lerda
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can U.S. units support ARVN units/operations and vice versa? I would think YES since the US had advisors attached to all ARVN units down to the battalion level (and lower).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes of course. The ARVN are the FWA puppets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Buchholz
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mostly, Dedicated artillery(Battalion HQ, Div HQ and the 23rd divisional Artillery) would have to be active(or have one of their units active) as an operating unit when US is doing the operation, I think it is clear the dedicated artillery can only fire defensive support for their own units (which is why independent artillery is so great on defense)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to follow the artillery guidelines. It doesn't break down by nationality.

Organic needs to be in the operation.

Independent needs to be in the operation.

Dedicated needs to be either in the operation or have a subordinate unit in the operation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
You have to follow the artillery guidelines. It doesn't break down by nationality.

Organic needs to be in the operation.

Independent needs to be in the operation.

Dedicated needs to be either in the operation or have a subordinate unit in the operation.

Except in defensive fire. Independent Arty may support anyone in range of an attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is true but the original post asked about supporting US and ARVN operations. They would only be on the defense during an incidental attack in this situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lerda
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dedicated artillery HQ units can only fire in defense support for their unit? For example the 3rd Brigade, 25th infantry division HQ cannot use their fire for offensive fire support or interdiction fire? I didn't see anything in the rules stating that they couldn't (unless I missed it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Chambers

Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
HQs can support subordinate units in any manner they wish. Defensive fire, offensive fire, or interdiction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.