Subject: Several Questions / Clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Zalk
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
1. Is it correct to believe that after landing your boat, the HARVEST action can be performed with or without the presence of your outpost on that market tile?
2. It is allowed to: (i) legally move your boat, (ii) build an outpost, and (iii) take the market action on that tile - correct?
3. Any limits on taking two, three or four of the same bonus tile - such as "Take one additional red cube when you harvest..."? I find no restriction, but IMHO - it can lead to a very unbalanced game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Microbadge: Level 17 BGG posterMicrobadge: Louisiana State UniversityMicrobadge: Low Player Count: a podcast about games for 1-2 playersMicrobadge: The Colonists (Die Kolonisten) fanMicrobadge: Musician
Craigzalk wrote:
1. Is it correct to believe that after landing your boat, the HARVEST action can be performed with or without the presence of your outpost on that market tile?
2. It is allowed to: (i) legally move your boat, (ii) build an outpost, and (iii) take the market action on that tile - correct?
3. Any limits on taking two, three or four of the same bonus tile - such as "Take one additional red cube when you harvest..."? I find no restriction, but IMHO - it can lead to a very unbalanced game.
1) You may harvest regardless of the presence of an outpost you own.

2) Movement is a separate, and optional, step that begins your turn. Once you have (or haven't) moved, you may elect to take a Market action. If you already control an outpost there, move directly to the trading part of the action. If you do not, you may elect to build one paying the necessary costs THEN move to the trading part of the action. You must have an outpost to trade.

3) Dunno, I'd assume yes but can't reference it in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Kansas City Chiefs fanMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Oahu Board Gamers Meetup participant
The answer to 3 is no limits.

Most of these have already been answered in the forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls