Nemesis» Forums » General

Subject: Hyped !!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin De Schutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My fellow boardgamers, never before have I been so hyped for a boardgame since I first heard about Gloomhaven. While I don’t expect ratings going skyhigh like Gloomhaven did, and I don’t want to even give the impression to compare both, I am still so hyped !!
I saw an announcement on Facebook in january and was immediately sold to This game. Still, I waited until yesterday before finaly late pledging, because I wanted to know a little more gameplay things before backing This up.
But now I’ve backed and I cannot wait to start surviving This sci-fi horror dream of a boardgame !!
When did you decide to go for it and are you as pumped as I am to relive your youth nightmares from Alien and The Thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre G
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
firstly, fellow Belgian friend, welcome to THE HYPE TRAIN !!!

choo choo

secondly, to answer your question: I decided to go for it as soon as it was announced (kickstarter draft)... just by reading the draft I had the impression of living the 1st Alien movie in a boardgame.
I set a reminder to be one of the first backer

than I read rules... and I hyped few people around me

result: we're taking the retail intruder pledge (all in *6)... 2 waves shipping, in French...

And I'm already sad I know I'll have to wait when people will receive their first copies... because translated games will take longer to produce

anyway

CHOO CHOOOOOO
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
Before goin to the hype mode, I hope you set coordinates to earth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Sombrero wrote:
No need, I already checked devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard T
msg tools
Don Sombrero wrote:

Going for single wave to save some $.
It is a long wait till it lands.
The hype is killing me...

Going to hibernation now... Zzz...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Sylvester
United States
Suwanee
GA
flag msg tools
mb
Zekere wrote:
My fellow boardgamers, never before have I been so hyped for a boardgame since I first heard about Gloomhaven. While I don’t expect ratings going skyhigh like Gloomhaven did, and I don’t want to even give the impression to compare both, I am still so hyped !!

I am a huge fan of Gloomhaven. I've also played this on TTS.

They aren't very similar except that they are both semi-coop using the same kind of mechanic (hidden battle goals), which works well in both.

The difference is that in Gloomhaven, it's like "we're gonna work together, but I may do stupid things from time to time that don't always make sense", whereas in Nemesis, it's more "I will cut you (unless I need you to survive)"

Thus far, every play of Nemesis has felt like playing through a movie with an emergent story line. It's very cool! I'm not generally one who is big on theme, but the theme here is so well done and so integral to the mechanics of the game, it just works.

The only downside at all is that I don't think my Gloomhaven group will enjoy it (They are much to cooperative for the nature of this game, in which you really have to be willing to sacrifice others if you want to win).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pretty eager to play it too for the same reasons mentioned. I was hoping for a bit more subtle homage to those Alien and The Thing themes I get that it's tricky ground to tread. Still an P-3000 anthropomorphic exoskeleton power frame would have been a cool mission drop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
after watching the playthrough, I had to get it
I couldn't stop thinking about it for several days!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin De Schutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Things are really silent about This game. For such a blast of a Kickstarter campaign (I think top 5 ever for boardgames-higher than Scythe and Gloomhaven) the hype has died.
I wonder what Will happen when This beast releases...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin De Schutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw the unboxing video on Kickstarter: I need to play it...NOW !!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.