Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Hallagan

Avon Lake
Ohio
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Greetings!

A thoughtful (and knowledgeable) visitor to this page informed me that my video resolution is too low. I am showing my age, I think, in that I didn't notice this when reviewing my own videos.

Just checking in to see everyone's reaction to these videos—is the quality so poor I should take these down? Can you appreciate the gameplay watching them?

I will be looking into better quality going forward, but I am wondering the quality is too poor to leave up.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dan Hallagan
Kayenta Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you were at 480p, which I was fine with. Yeah you can't see the tiniest of details, but I didn't have an issue watching them (although some with worse eyes might).

Most impressed with your audio which is crisp and clear. You could always record them (if you were worried about it) with any modern phone which should be 1080p and then use whatever you are getting that great audio with to overlay it with the upgraded video. Although your file sizes go WAY up.

I do a ton of editing and most files are many gigs in size at that resolution.

Otherwise, so far I haven't had an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hallagan

Avon Lake
Ohio
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
ReluctantFr0g wrote:
I think you were at 480p, which I was fine with. Yeah you can't see the tiniest of details, but I didn't have an issue watching them (although some with worse eyes might).

Most impressed with your audio which is crisp and clear. You could always record them (if you were worried about it) with any modern phone which should be 1080p and then use whatever you are getting that great audio with to overlay it with the upgraded video. Although your file sizes go WAY up.

Thanks, Jeremy. I am using an iPhone with a plug in speaker (that worked!), but I must have the wrong setting when filming! Grrr. Is it the HDR setting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Reeve wrote:
Just checking in to see everyone's reaction to these videos—is the quality so poor I should take these down? Can you appreciate the gameplay watching them?

I think the video is just fine. Sure, some of the very small text is out of focus until you focos on it directly, but the rest is easily readable.

The Reeve wrote:
I will be looking into better quality going forward, but I am wondering the quality is too poor to leave up.

I recommend leaving it as-is, and using the same quality going forward. I can easily see these videos being watched over phone connections, or less than broad-band capability, and then file-size is a definite factor -- and if you go to a higher resolution your movies will become gigantic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hallagan

Avon Lake
Ohio
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
stoneleaf wrote:
The Reeve wrote:

I think the video is just fine. Sure, some of the very small text is out of focus until you focos on it directly, but the rest is easily readable.

The Reeve wrote:

I recommend leaving it as-is, and using the same quality going forward. I can easily see these videos being watched over phone connections, or less than broad-band capability, and then file-size is a definite factor -- and if you go to a higher resolution your movies will become gigantic.

Hmm. I'll be interested what others think. Perhaps go up just one notch in resolution? I might try that for a solitaire runthrough and get your opinion on that compromise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan AllThatJazz
Germany
Dortmund
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, noticed that the videos are a bit blurry. I watched on the whole computer screen and trying the read the card texts was very hard.

Though the explanation is very well done! And I'm enjoying the fluff and flavour when you're telling about the story of the families, the social events you're hosting, the sets of acquaintances, the different family estates and so on.
So don't take the videos down.

Greetings from Germany ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Reeve wrote:
ReluctantFr0g wrote:

Thanks, Jeremy. I am using an iPhone with a plug in speaker (that worked!), but I must have the wrong setting when filming! Grrr. Is it the HDR setting?

Yeah you should be able to up the resolution in the camera setting. Maybe 720 and see if that works better for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
card text and some tile text is blurry, but not bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M

Chapel Hill
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was surprised it wasn't at least 720px. I think youtubers have spoiled us with their ultra-crisp videos. It'd be nice for the resolution to be high enough to read the cards, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hallagan

Avon Lake
Ohio
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
stoneleaf wrote:
The Reeve wrote:

The Reeve wrote:

Ethan, I just posted a HD video. I learned that the little gear in the lower right-hand corner will allow you do choose lower resolution, so let me know if that new video works for you and your preference.

Thanks.

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It works! Looks great at high and low resolution as far as I can tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.