Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
marne
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm really excited for this game, but hearing about the terrible quality of components has me disheartened. Does the company have plans to either a) replace the weak components with ones that stay together or b) have a reprint coming that I should wait for the (hopefully) better components?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Phelan
United States
Lake Waukomis
Missouri
flag msg tools
I bought the renegade version and experienced none of the quality issues that people are complaining about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarkoth wrote:
I bought the renegade version and experienced none of the quality issues that people are complaining about.

The goods tokens are still thin and prone to splitting (and just don't shuffle easily in the bag). That's the only issue for me, and easily solvable (works great!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Associate Marketing Manager
badge
Renegade Game Studios
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there! We just received a shipment of new punchboards, so we have replacement pieces for the entire game. If your copy has defective pieces, just send an email to customerservice@renegadegames.com!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Riedy
United States
Glen Ridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarkoth wrote:

Same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Walker
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mega Metroid!
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely experienced this...all my tokens were splitting/uncut (my llama is a mangled mess).

You can see the tokens lifting inside the punch board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chuggst3r wrote:
I definitely experienced this...all my tokens were splitting/uncut (my llama is a mangled mess).

You can see the tokens lifting inside the punch board.

I had a similar bubbling problem on several sheets. It seemed to only affect the ones with player boards, not the main action boards for whatever reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Walker
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mega Metroid!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! All my goods tokens were pretty bad, and the Llama was a write off. Mine is a peeled mess. I tried cutting it out as it wasn't punched properly, but it still peeled and lifted towards the bottom.

I shot them an email about the goods tokens, and the Llama. I'm concerned with all these tokens shuffling around in the bag that people will accidentally peel the surfaces with their nails and tokens pushing on each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent an email as well. Thanks!

My containers are really bad, and the bag resources are in various states of peeling and fraying. I agree that those will only get worse the more handling they take, and the way the game is played, there will be a lot of handling!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chuggst3r wrote:
I'm concerned with all these tokens shuffling around in the bag that people will accidentally peel the surfaces with their nails and tokens pushing on each other.

I'm going to say it again. Go buy these. I'm actually glad the tokens did start to fray a bit to motivate me to buy these, because otherwise I would have just lived with the cardboard tokens. But with the coin capsules the tokens are just so much better to handle and shuffle in the bag that I would buy them anyway (now that I've tried them), even if the tokens didn't fray.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarkoth wrote:

Same here. The issues are not present in every copy, but are certainly an issue for some copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:

I'm going to say it again. Go buy these. I'm actually glad the tokens did start to fray a bit to motivate me to buy these, because otherwise I would have just lived with the cardboard tokens. But with the coin capsules the tokens are just so much better to handle and shuffle in the bag that I would buy them anyway (now that I've tried them), even if the tokens didn't fray.

Do you have an image of the encapsulated goods on the player board action spaces?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mpalframan wrote:
curtc wrote:

Do you have an image of the encapsulated goods on the player board action spaces?

No. I'll upload tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
chuggst3r wrote:
I'm concerned with all these tokens shuffling around in the bag that people will accidentally peel the surfaces with their nails and tokens pushing on each other.

Agreed. I got mine on Ebay for 6 bucks and it was a great descision. Now if only they had llama shaped capsules..... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Geist
United States
Overland Park
KS
flag msg tools
Got a response from customer service saying they would replace all punchboards as I had problems throughout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
mpalframan wrote:
curtc wrote:

No. I'll upload tonight.

Here ya go:

It's a perfect fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about the warehouse?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
How about the warehouse?

Sure, I could, but the tokens look the same there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
How about the warehouse?

Examples of the coin capsules in the warehouse can be seen in this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2006739/so-i-didnt-want-wai...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sullivan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I love the coin capsules, just for the sound they make as you dig in the bag for them.

Something cathartic about that sound, over trying to make sure I've found all the cardboard chits in the bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sully4071 wrote:
I love the coin capsules, just for the sound they make as you dig in the bag for them.

Something cathartic about that sound, over trying to make sure I've found all the cardboard chits in the bag.

Same. Not just the sound, but the vastly increased thickness. Way easier to handle the tokens in the bag.

Avoiding fraying is way way way down on the list of benefits. I would use them even if fraying were a non-issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully someone can add it to the geeklist

Coin Capsules Sizes for Protecting Tokens and Blinging Out Your Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:

Done
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
lfisher wrote:

Done

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Costanza
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anyone got a suggestion for bag upgrades? Mine are all frayed on the inside and I continue to pull out strings as well as tiles when I play. Will certainly be ordering the coin capsules. Those look awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.