Aleksandr Kazantcev
Russia
Glazov
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A logical game that teaches the basics of electrical engineering. Repair the robot by restoring the maximum number of electrical circuits and lighting the bulbs and LEDs building an electrical circuit. Use resistors, transistors and diodes to get the maximum benefit. Skill up your electrician's experience to the maximum and win! The main thing is not to short circuit!

Age - 8+
Time - 15-20 min
2-3 players (may be Solo and 4 players, but not tested)

PnP avalible on game page: Do not Short Circuit!

I will be glad to all playtests, reviews, comments and suggestions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Schrimpl
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like the box art. Although I might just simply title the game “Short Circuit”. The “do not” is kind of a mouthful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandr Kazantcev
Russia
Glazov
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is standart caution on electrical parts, like a battery

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandr Kazantcev
Russia
Glazov
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some fix on PnP - add arrows of the electric current flow to facilitate tracking circuits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koschmieder
msg tools
1. I printed out the game today. And then I realized that it is not possible on one page to use a paper cutter. You mixed different sizes of counters on the same page. Bummer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandr Kazantcev
Russia
Glazov
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Now i am adding some improverments to PnP (backward scheme-like parts) and then try place parts join for similar cut lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koschmieder
msg tools
1.) With some effort you can use a papercutter. The tiny squares you have to finish with scissors.
2.) Where does the "Composition of game" include the solder iron and on/off switches? Where are the tiny squares listed?
3.) In the first paragraph of "Playing the game" I would suggest you also inform people that the wires must point in. I immediately looked for and found the wires. Only later did I realize the colored edge existed.
4.) 2.a Can I place a card anywhere on the playing field? Or must a card be played to a neighbor of an existing border or other card?
5.) 2.a If a card must be placed to a neighbor card, must the wires connect?
6.) 2.c Where do the special cards come from? A separate stack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koschmieder
msg tools
7.) Do the special cards get shuffled at the beginning of a game?
8.) Are the special cards upside down in a stack?
Or does everyone get 2 solder irons and 1 on/off switch?
9.) Page numbers in the rules would help.
10.) I do not understand the 2nd paragraph of section 3 in game play.
11.) When a player fixes a circuit with a solder iron he removes the circuit tile. What is not clear is if that same player can place a new circuit card there.
12.) A large section of playing the game describes the actions of individual cards. Personally I think this should go into a separate section after preparing and before playing.
13.) If a player unsolders a circuit that works, does the original circuit creator lose those points?
14.) In section 3 paragraph 1 you have "large number 2 or small number 1". Where are these counters?
Also this paragraph has "figure 1". Where is that? I don't see any figure numbers.

Version 2.4.1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandr Kazantcev
Russia
Glazov
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thksport wrote:
1.) With some effort you can use a papercutter. The tiny squares you have to finish with scissors.
2.) Where does the "Composition of game" include the solder iron and on/off switches? Where are the tiny squares listed?
3.) In the first paragraph of "Playing the game" I would suggest you also inform people that the wires must point in. I immediately looked for and found the wires. Only later did I realize the colored edge existed.
4.) 2.a Can I place a card anywhere on the playing field? Or must a card be played to a neighbor of an existing border or other card?
5.) 2.a If a card must be placed to a neighbor card, must the wires connect?
6.) 2.c Where do the special cards come from? A separate stack?

1. Tiny sqares this are token for place on game cards and scoring. In updated version i will place on separate page.
2. Iron and On/Off cards are similar as other game card and it listed with it.
3. Would you add all suggestions in rules document? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hSs-nu_BgW_eH1XW96HOjjOg...
4. You right! This is my omission. You can place cards only to the edge of another card (or upper and down lines).
5. No. Wires did not must connect. You would place cards preventing your opponent for example.
6. No. Special card (for game idea) would has similar cardback as game card and placed on one stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandr Kazantcev
Russia
Glazov
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thksport wrote:
7.) Do the special cards get shuffled at the beginning of a game?
8.) Are the special cards upside down in a stack?
Or does everyone get 2 solder irons and 1 on/off switch?
9.) Page numbers in the rules would help.
10.) I do not understand the 2nd paragraph of section 3 in game play.
11.) When a player fixes a circuit with a solder iron he removes the circuit tile. What is not clear is if that same player can place a new circuit card there.
12.) A large section of playing the game describes the actions of individual cards. Personally I think this should go into a separate section after preparing and before playing.
13.) If a player unsolders a circuit that works, does the original circuit creator lose those points?
14.) In section 3 paragraph 1 you have "large number 2 or small number 1". Where are these counters?
Also this paragraph has "figure 1". Where is that? I don't see any figure numbers.

Version 2.4.1

7. Yes. You need shuffle it with other cards. But first we do not recommend to shuffle a transistor and a photodiode.
8. Yes. All cards need be places face down. In future we add backward "scheme" face and cards need be placed on 'closed pouch' before taken. Special cards gets to players randomly.
9. Done
10. Small tokens of "lighting" with the number of points are placed on the bulb and LED cards. If you change the circuit, you burn a LED or turn off the bulb, which already has a token, then it is removed from the card in the center of the field, but there are no from card in the edges columns.
11. In this turn no - only remove.
12. You right - soon fix in rules.
13. On game field yes (see you question number 10). On 'breakage' cards columns no - tokens remain on the elements, even if they go off.
14. See small squares

I understand you and fix rules and PnP. But I want to ask you to add comments and suggest fixes to the rules document.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandr Kazantcev
Russia
Glazov
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. I'm update PNP - now it has two-sided cards! You would select, which theme you prefer for game - realistic color or electric schematic

For PNP creators - strongly need correct join Face and Backward parts of the cards - don't worry about different elements on it sides and this is not a error!

Join Face 1 and Backward 1 pages and Face 2 and Backward 2 pages. Cut and fold upper and down rules! 2 and 1 scores tocken are one-sided.

Also i am update rules. Pleas read and write you opinion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.