15 Posts

Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle» Forums » General

Subject: Chances of a second expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Mor
New Zealand
flag msg tools
My girlfriend and I love this game and we really enjoyed the Monster Box expansion.
I have heard of Dueling Club but really enjoy the the co op nature of Hogwarts Battle.

Does anyone think it's likely we will get another expansion in time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing has been announced beyond Dueling Club.

[Edit: I'm with you - I'm not interested if it's not co-op, but hopefully lots of people who don't like the co-op nature of the game will be able to enjoy it now ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gencon is right around the corner, so if anything will be announced, it will be at that time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
insightfulstrike wrote:
Gencon is right around the corner, so if anything will be announced, it will be at that time.

There were rumblings of a new expansion called "Dumbedore's Army" that, up until a couple days ago, was already in the BGG database. Details are in the below thread, but the development team at Forrest-Pruzan chimed in saying it wasn't an official expansion produced through USAopoly, so it was likely a fanmade one, and as such the BGG entry was removed.

Possible New Main Game Expansion?

Based on the last few comments in that thread, though, something new is coming soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
insightfulstrike wrote:

There were rumblings of a new expansion called "Dumbedore's Army" that, up until a couple days ago, was already in the BGG database. Details are in the below thread, but the development team at Forrest-Pruzan chimed in saying it wasn't an official expansion produced through USAopoly, so it was likely a fanmade one, and as such the BGG entry was removed.

Possible New Main Game Expansion?

Based on the last few comments in that thread, though, something new is coming soon.

I mean, you could bring in stuff from Fantastic Beasts, although I really want a Luna for the base game, and Ginny would be fantastic to balance out an equal amount of male and female characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
insightfulstrike wrote:

I mean, you could bring in stuff from Fantastic Beasts, although I really want a Luna for the base game, and Ginny would be fantastic to balance out an equal amount of male and female characters.

Luna is already in the first expansion: Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle – The Monster Box of Monsters Expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but you can't play her until game 7 of the base game..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
insightfulstrike wrote:

Sure you can. In the early games where the other heroes don't have their abilities, you just ignore hers.
And in the middle games, you just figure out a way to tone hers down slightly (though if I remember right, her ability seemed a bit more on par with the Game 3 abilities of the other heroes anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
insightfulstrike wrote:

Sure you can. In the early games where the other heroes don't have their abilities, you just ignore hers.
And in the middle games, you just figure out a way to tone hers down slightly (though if I remember right, her ability seemed a bit more on par with the Game 3 abilities of the other heroes anyway.

I also regularly use Luna to play with 5 people. All you need is some way to track health of the 5th person, the player board is not actually necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jern Ng
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmb
Luna doesn't come with a player board? That's unusual.

I was wondering if it was possible to just pick up Luna to go with my set, rather than picking up the entire expansion just to get her. That would make it easier for my groups, as there tends to be 5 of us rather than 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jern92 wrote:

I was wondering if it was possible to just pick up Luna to go with my set, rather than picking up the entire expansion just to get her. That would make it easier for my groups, as there tends to be 5 of us rather than 4.

They never officially raise the player count to 5, and there's already 4 of the player boards in the base. So there's no reason for them to include one in the expansion box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Pickel

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vasher wrote:
Jern92 wrote:

They never officially raise the player count to 5, and there's already 4 of the player boards in the base. So there's no reason for them to include one in the expansion box.

I believe they've actually discouraged playing five players since it makes balance issues even worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Idk what I’d even want from an expansion... I think I fear the negatives of adding more cards too much. I think the only thing extra I want is base game playable Ginny and Luna (I don’t consider her one character card balanced for the base game).

Otherwise, the only thing I’d really want is a second edition of the game that streamlines or restyled the gameplay so future expansions can actually be a thing and not break the game as I felt Monster Box of Monsters kind of did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelley Hebert
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mb
vaughnerich wrote:
I think the only thing extra I want is base game playable Ginny and Luna (I don’t consider her one character card balanced for the base game).

We just did a full playthrough last week and really wished that they had included a full set of cards for Luna. Game 1, 3, and 7, in addition to Box 1. It doesn't seem like it would have taken much to include that and it would be all official.

Heck, I would buy a small expansion that just had a few playable heroes. Game 1/3/7 Dumbledore, Ginny, or Forge.

SH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Parry
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I'm with you on Team Forge! I got impatient waiting for an expansion so I took matters into my own hands and made my own Fred and George Hero decks and game 1/3/7 Player cards. Still working on Box 1 versions of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.