Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Littman
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering when this game might be available. And what the components are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm awaiting more info in general! The setting and description intrigues me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We're looking at a September release.

The game is played with a 17" x 22" mapsheet (with humongous hexes), a half-sheet of counters, a handful of cards, and fifty-some black wooden discs. The wood bits for this and several other games just arrived on my doorstep yesterday - very heavy box, the mail lady was not very happy about it, and neither was my back!

We're going to be ordering a proof of the cards in the next couple of days so that we can check for the usability of the current layout style (they're small cards, so we want to make sure everything is readable). If it doesn't work out, then we'll have to try a different layout for the cards, which might delay release.

We're still working on laying out the rulebook - going to three conventions in a month kinda threw a spanner in the works, and getting sick after the last con didn't help.

But we're getting back to it soon, and once we have the rulebook layout done, we'll be sending it to Erin for her perusal and feedback.

Assuming all of the above goes smoothly, we should be taking orders for the game in early September.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Littman
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Thanks for replying so fast. I am definitely intrigued by this one and I hope the production goes smoothly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Sullivan
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any further updates? I'm excited to hear more about this when it's ready

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The fire last month upset our release schedule, so that our late August game (Ribbit) has been pushed into early September, and our early September game - this one - is being pushed into late September.

We've recorded a video overview which will be up in the next week or so, and will be uploading the rulebook as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards have been shipped by our cards printer, and should be arriving at our game printer's doorstep (or facsimile thereof) early next week. As soon as he has it in hand, we'll be able to start taking orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Littman
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
The cards have been shipped by our cards printer, and should be arriving at our game printer's doorstep (or facsimile thereof) early next week. As soon as he has it in hand, we'll be able to start taking orders.

Awesome. I watched the video you made about the game. I am looking forward to getting it into my hands and playing it. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Lee Escobedo
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Tomorrow has come.

https://hollandspiele.com/products/meltwater
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Littman
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I happened to check the Hollandspiel site last night and saw it was available. I quickly made a purchase.

Congrats on the game finally being published. I look forward to getting my hands on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko G
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mb
The day when hollandspiele will attend Spiel games fair in germany and I can purchase your games there will be my personal holiday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ticketautomat wrote:
The day when hollandspiele will attend Spiel games fair in germany and I can purchase your games there will be my personal holiday.

That's very kind.

I don't expect we'll ever be attending Spiel at Essen, at least not as a business. There might be a slight chance that someone else will be bringing some of our titles with them this year to sell but I can't guarantee that and don't want to get anyone's hopes up - if something does come of it, we'll be sure to announce it in a newsletter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Will this be coming out for PnP? Looks exciting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, all our games have PNP editions eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Littman
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy just arrived and I look forward to playing it. I love that fresh ink smell. Fast turnaround time. Ordered the game a couple of days ago and now I have it in my hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.