11 Posts

Cthulhu: Death May Die» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone else feeling the tiles are too tiny? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcelo Melo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just watched the gameplay video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjB5JyeYByw) and I gotta say the boards look way too crowded, specially with these huge monsters and all these cardboard tokens in them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hello there
msg tools
mb
yes, I hope we get more and larger ones

location tiles are as important to my gaming pleasure as the minis.

although if the location tiles do not really have rules for them I guess could substitute ones from other games in maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
That was one of my first thoughts. It helps those with small play areas, but doesn't allow any separation and scaling seems a bit off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam R
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
I doubt we’ll get bigger ones. Either way though they don’t seem all that small to me. Cthulhu was the one that made them seem really small imo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Melo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
LateShacka wrote:
I doubt we’ll get bigger ones. Either way though they don’t seem all that small to me. Cthulhu was the one that made them seem really small imo

I sadly think you're right about not getting bigger ones, I don't think they'd fit in those little episode envelopes =/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Button-Harrison
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I thought the exact same thing after watching the video. Seems like there's only room for maybe 3-4 minis/tokens in a normal space before it starts getting crowded. Hopefully a stretch goal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Melo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I mentioned my concern to Thiago Aranha from CMON on the campaign page and he said they'd keep that in mind during development and production. Kind of a non-committal answer, but hopefully they'll manage to increase the tile size from what we see in the previews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Olivas
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Board feels overly crowded. It detracts from the thematic element. It feels like the famous scene of the Marx Brothers movie. This is the most important SG in my eyes. Bigger board tiles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Cheow
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
It affects too much things down the line to change them drastically now tho. Such as the amount of physical space in the box available. The shipping cost due to increase of Volumetric or physical weight, which will result in more backers complaining down the line. As much as I hope that the tiles can be slightly bigger, I would think it is quite hard to achieve at this point without receiving backlash down the line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Melo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Like I said in the art thread, if you feel the tiles are too small go to the KS comments and let your voice be heard on this. Wait until Isadora or Thiago Aranha show up there answering questions and tag them for maximum effect. Talking about it here won't do much.

The odds of a change at this point are small but if don't push for it they go for small to 0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ole Rock
Australia
flag msg tools
Lavoisier21 wrote:
LateShacka wrote:

I sadly think you're right about not getting bigger ones, I don't think they'd fit in those little episode envelopes =/

the tiles don't go in the envelopes, they're universal between episodes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.