6 Posts

Hurtgen: Hell's Forest» Forums » General

Subject: Hurtgen: Hell's Forest (DG) Action Review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I would enjoy playing all the games on my Want to Play list. Check it out.
badge
Look at my game list and see if there is something you want to play and let's get to playing it.
mb
Here is a "living" and ongoing Action Review of the Campaign game from beginning to end.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?7@@.1ddf3f6c/2

Edit: only about a week of the game was conducted before there were too many rule oversights, errors and do-overs to make this game play viable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Nice to see you back in the saddle Joey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Look at my game list and see if there is something you want to play and let's get to playing it.
mb
Thanks Jim, I think Guy and I can really put something together that will have a profoundly positive impact on Youst's creation, teach a thing or two about the game, and show those that care to give it a glance, just how awesome and fun this game system really is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Big Wars
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
would love to see some how to with scenario 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kirkwood
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mb
This is a great AAR. Please keep going. Thanks Joey you have been a great help with this system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks Mike, We thought our approach might entertain. Guy was a good opponent who played skillfully. There were far too many errors and questions that put Guy at a terrible and unnecessary disadvantage however, to justify continuing that particular game any further.

I'm working on a play of the game from beginning to end as a way to both entertain and reveal every example of the rules by verbally walking viewers through every process and my thinking as I make decisions. In this way it both entertains and educates. I'm experimenting with a VASSAL version and a desktop version of a video, and have the intro's done for both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.