7 Wonders» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom Wonder Board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zeph P.

Vancouver
BC
msg tools
Heya! I'm new to BGG, and this is my first post, so i hope i'm in the right area.

Cutting to the chase, i made a custom Wonder Board for myself based on the Legend of Zelda. Thanks to everyone here before me who were able to provide templates and resources!

I have yet to be able to play test it yet, but i was hoping to get some input and critique on it.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
daitenshiMitsuo wrote:
Heya! I'm new to BGG, and this is my first post, so i hope i'm in the right area.

Cutting to the chase, i made a custom Wonder Board for myself based on the Legend of Zelda. Thanks to everyone here before me who were able to provide templates and resources!

I have yet to be able to play test it yet, but i was hoping to get some input and critique on it.

Cheers!

On the A side, is the first stage supposed to give coins or VPs? Because those things have their own icons, and this matches neither. On the B side, 7 shields on a single stage is pretty crazy - that's more than two age 3 cards could give. I don't think you should have more than three shields there - or, better yet, put something other than shields there because A side already has shields on stage 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Zephyrin.

Stage 1 of side A gets you 2 coins for each chain you use, right? Like Vitruvius' leader power?

I feel the stage 1 of side B is a bit too early accessible: I think it should be at least Stage 2.
Also, while costly, 7 shields is a very huge swing. Not even the Contingent is that powerful.

Finally, I'd personally prefer a little more variety in the stage costs between side A and side B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeph P.

Vancouver
BC
msg tools
Thank you both for the input!

Yes, the first wonder on Side A gives 2 coins, the same as Vitruvius. The icon used is the currency from the reference, so i wanted to add that small touch. I could easily include rules for the Board that would clear it up, additionally, i could change the icon to a yellow gem if that would alleviate some of the confusion.

Wonder 1 on Side B i mulled over a bit. One of the other ideas i had was a reward similar to Justinian's: 3VP for each set of 3 Age cards (Red, Blue, Green) in player's city. Though that felt a bit too powerful for a first wonder as well. Would something like simply rewarding 2 or 3 VP be better?

For the third wonder on Side B, my intention was to give significant military strength, based on the reference material's lore. However, i definitely see what you mean. If the cost were significantly increased (i.e. 6 clay, 2 textile or 3 clay, 3 ore, 2 textile) do you think that may balance out the cost difficulty to advantage ratio? Perhaps if it were parred down to 5 shields?

If the third wonder on either side were to change, do you have suggestions as to what a good option might be?

Lastly, i'll try and change up a bit of the costs involved for the stages of the Wonders, get a bit more variety.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls