Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Sorbello
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I've been pleying the discard pile wrong. We only had one discard pile. no wonder I thought the board was a waste of paper it does work that way but the game does play better the design way. Scores are also better this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Re:Playing the discard pile wrong.
lexen (#34769),

I imagine it felt like once something were discarded, it were lost forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Webster
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Playing the discard pile wrong.
Boy, am I glad you posted this! My wife and I have been playing with just one discard pile since the beginning! Sure does make the game easier when you RTFM...

This makes three games on which The Geek has shown me the error of my ways. I wonder what else I'm playing wrong....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Blaine
United States
Fulton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this thread is almost 10 years old, but I've been playing discard piles wrong for about 7-8 years now! Gaah! It's still one of our favorite 2-player games, so I guess it doesn't matter so much how you play it. Looking forward to trying the game out with the correct rules this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Nixon
United States
McLeansville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were playing that once you discarded it was gone. There was no drawing from the discards at all (I don't know how we missed that). It was actually a lot of fun the wrong way, games were really short. I can imagine picking what to discard is much more tactical and agonizing when it might end up helping your opponent. The incorrect way we were playing the tension came from trying to decide which suits to start and then a race against the clock to get what you need and get it down before the draw deck runs out. But it played really quickly. We played three games in 27 minutes last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.