10 Posts

Council of 4» Forums » General

Subject: Between Cranio Creation and Cmon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Melanie Gunawan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
Hi...all I want to get this game but still cannot decide which one I should get Cranio Version or Cmon creation. And are they have many different? Except the board and the componnent? Thanks all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen many folks trash talk the CMON version for being over-produced so in that light getting the original is better.

If you're like me & appreciate anything over-produced then the CMON version is the one to get, I really like the CMON version & think I'd be disappointed if I had gotten the original knowing that the CMON version was available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wolfe
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the artwork on the CMON version is better, at least so far as the board, it's MUCH easier to see the roads. I'm ambivalent on the change from pushing the meeples down the little troughs to big minis, but I will admit they look really cool. I'd still go with the CMON version myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
- we love the CMON edition; top rate
- except the Politics cards; you really need a very bright light to tell the difference between (for example) the gray and the brown
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Phelan
United States
Lake Waukomis
Missouri
flag msg tools
I have the Cranio edition and while I like the wooden meeples for the council, the board is drab and hard to differentiate the colors of the cities. Also purple/black and orange/red are WAY too close in color on the cards. I would trade my version for the CMON one in a heartbeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No complaints on my Cranio version other than the drabness of the artwork. We haven't run into any particular issue outside of some of the politics cards being kinda similar colored when playing late evening without lights on. The ability to reconfigure the board is great.

Chances are, if you are interested in the game, you'll have fun with either version, so go with what's more easily attainable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melanie Gunawan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
Thanks all for the answers. I end by grabbing the Cmon one because more easily to find. And the Cranio Creation really hard to find now maybe it was out of printed. Thanks again all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Pisanich
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
If at first you don't succeed.... SQUIRREL!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the cranio version and I love the wooden meeples and the cardboard stands that you push the council members off of. I also enjoy the ability to have more variation with the board setup. With that being said, I have also played the new CMON version and I must say that telling the difference in the colors on the board and the cards is much easier. If you have anyone that is color blind or slightly cb then go with the CMON version for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
I have seen many folks trash talk the CMON version for being over-produced so in that light getting the original is better.

If you're like me & appreciate anything over-produced then the CMON version is the one to get, I really like the CMON version & think I'd be disappointed if I had gotten the original knowing that the CMON version was available.

Is the complaint that people want to pay less for this game? Because other than price, I honestly don't see any advantage to lower production values.

(Except for Kolejka- where poor production values are more thematically appropriate).

This game didn't look very expensive to me, but I like to play the absolute hell out of my games, so having nicer ones that are more expensive is fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel

Coimbra
msg tools
the CMON production is kinda awful tbh... gigantic one-piece board instead of modular, the cards have just too much going on in them, humungus plastic dolls instead of wooden meeples (the whole essence of board games) in little racks that make the oldest one fall off when pushed over, please...

even if it were as cheap as $2 I wouldn't personally ever buy it regardlessly lol, cos quite frankly the 1st edition is not really that unpleasant when compared to this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.