Subject: Multiplayer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alex christodoulides
Cyprus
cyprus
flag msg tools
Hey all

i wanted to know if this is possible to be played as a free for all? i have a game night tommorow and the folks do not like team vs team games. i know i can play it if i want to but i am not sure if its balanced

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be played. However you will see more turtling and longet play time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex christodoulides
Cyprus
cyprus
flag msg tools
i see what you mean my biggest fear is running out of cards. i am not sure if in a 4 player game all factions get shuffled in the 3 decks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Do what you need to. Extra classrs simply lower chances at Time Period-based spells.

I would try Attack Left to cut out kingmaking if that is a problem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could have the following rule:

When one player loses, the player with the fewest instabilities win.
Then you would no longer have player elimination, and people would be encouraged to not gang up. It may have other bad consequences though, I cannot say I have thought it through

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio Briosi
Italy
Rovereto
Rovereto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
When one player loses, the player with the fewest instabilities win.
Then you would no longer have player elimination, and people would be encouraged to not gang up. It may have other bad consequences though, I cannot say I have thought it through

I always like this kind of rule for dueling games played multiplayer, since I have seen this in "Arena, for the gods".
Tried it with Ashes and it was good, I think it can work well here too, probably going for instability, then life remaining on the Traveler.

Otherwise you can race to a number of instabilities, or even going for a "first to destabilize everyone else one time" (but it may create problems since everyone will wait until you can cause an instability in one turn).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Lloyd
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or gain a point for each instability you cause, lose a point for each instability you receive. Highest point total when someone dies wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex christodoulides
Cyprus
cyprus
flag msg tools
Great suggestions everyone! i will let you know how it goes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would probably rule
"First to lose ends the game.
The one with lowest instability wins.
In case of a tie, the one with the highest Main characters Health point wins.
In case of a tie, the one with the highest number of cards played wins"

Something like this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex christodoulides
Cyprus
cyprus
flag msg tools
So i played this with my group and it was chaos XD

Notes:
1) I used all the cards in the three decks and the present deck run out
2) i played this with 5 people and took about an hour with the rule of one player dies, the player with fewer instability wins

-the AOE attacks were dealing damage to all leaders so most of the characters were injured and the instability cards were spread really quickly

-a lot of artifacts were played also dealing instability ( very powerful cards btw)

- i think we misplayed the spell cards, meaning we used them and then we slide them under our traveler so some abilities that targeted spell could not be done (for example the exhausted one spell abilities we could not figure out how this played)

- the armor ability protects you from al incoming damage? (as i said before a lot characters with AOE abilities were played so we did not know if this could protect you, we assumed it did)

-units without leaders can be attacked by AOE abilities? (again some people could not group some units so we assumed the could be targeted by this)

Overall we had a lot of fun. I would like to see more structures and some card drawing mechanic because sometimes we ended with just one card and attacking most of the late game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Every group has a Leader. Not every group has support. If there is only 1 card, it is the Leader; iirc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rossi
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
When I opened the box, I took "2-4 Players" literally, when in reality this game seems to be "2 or 4 Players."

I think the issue in 3-player or 4-player FFA has to do with ganging up, but I think the root problem is that the characters aren't designed to survive multiple attacks from multiple players per round (Multiple players attacking one player per round removes the play-counterplay aspect of grouping).

I do really like some of the ideas in this thread regarding using Instability as a way of disincentivizing ganging up on a single player. Either as a tiebreaker or a point system.

I'd like to propose another suggestion though, how about rather than trying to create incentives or disincentives, we just make it against the rules? Borrowing from some of the lesser-used Magic: The Gathering formats, how about Attack Left or Attack Right, but perhaps still allowing players to target anyone's characters with effects (or perhaps not)? That way grouping still has value, but you have to balance affecting the person you can attack, defending against the person you can't attack, and planning for what the player you can attack might do to the person you can't attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.