Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Reilly
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Title pretty much says it all. This game seems great to customise with dragon minis and dragon eggs.

Has anyone done this? If so what dragons did you use?

Want to play this with my 6 year old son, wondering if this game has stood the test of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game. It's fun for kids but adults can play seriously and it presents a good challenge. I don't have any advice on component mods, but from a game perspective, it REALLY holds up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I never used dragon minis, but to answer your question about your 6 year old son and the test of time: I agree that this game has held the test of time, and is super fun, but I had one issue: There's enough strategy here than an adult playing hard will beat the children every time. So you either have to on purpose play "not your best," or always beat your son. In the best children's games, IMHO, there's enough luck (or dexterity) that adults can try to win and still lose to the kids a decent amount of the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
danielpreilly77 wrote:
This game seems great to customise with dragon minis and dragon eggs.

Yes, I even have the material for this, but never got to it (the eggs I found roll, so they are not ideal). You may use the dragons from Blue Moon or Blue Moon City, as they are in the proper colors and small enough. In fact, I've been told by a reliable source that Dragonland was intended to be set in the Blue Moon universe, although it was released before the other games. Blue Moon Legends would also work, but its dragons are somewhat evil-looking and don't fit the theme so well (they were originally from BattleLore: Dragons).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sop
United Kingdom
flag msg tools

These are from a 'Safari Toob' of dragons. They work well size wise. Given a quick paint job to get the colours right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.