Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
132 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Surprise! An Instant Gratification U.S. Only Math Trade - discussion thread - official wants posted! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
mbmbmbmbmb
About 10 years ago, I ran my first "Instant Gratification" math trade. That one was really "instant gratification", lasting only 36 hours in total.

This one won't be quite that short, but in this time of monthly math trades that last a couple of weeks, perhaps there's a place for a little in-betweener like this...?

This math trade will last 96 hours - 48 to add games, 48 to submit wants. You'll know in four days if you've made any trades.

Trade GeekList: Surprise! An Instant Gratification U.S. Only Math Trade

Online Want List Generator use is required for creating your want lists. (please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support)

Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb

Details:

All times are CST...

Open for posting games: Friday, July 20th, 10pm to Sunday, July 22nd, 10pm.

Want list submission period: Sunday, July 22nd, 10pm to Tuesday, July 24th at 10pm.

Want lists and results will be publicly posted shortly thereafter.

Please note that errors made by you will not invalidate the results. You will be expected to honour your trades even if you made a mistake, so carefully review your lists before submitting them. You can make changes before the end of the submission period but not after it.

Please do not delete items or sweeteners once you have listed them. You can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've traded it away before the deadline.

OK - some simple rules - please take a few minutes to read them:

d10-1 Gift certificates (GC), Geekgold (GG), DVDs and other weird items are all permitted. Please remember that BGG policy is that the winner of a GC is expected to pay a 3% commission to BGG.

d10-2 You cannot put someone else's gift certificate entry on the want lists for a gift certificate you are offering in an attempt to "trade up", the same is true for GG. Yon CAN swap GG for GCs and vice versa, and you can trade down in value with GCs.

d10-3 You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition (components and box), language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners.

For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" that doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any dings. It might not matter to you, but it matters to some people.

d10-4 Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953), Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (game id 22104) or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985), and use the "altname" tags - if you don't know what those are, please ask.

d10-5 Do not edit your entries in any way which reduces their value. If, for instance, you discover a problem with a game you've already offered, you can always add it again - as a new entry - with an updated description. If you need to do this, please contact me for directions.

d10-6 Shipping: All shipping costs are covered by the person listing the item. With apologies to my friends outside of the U.S., this is a U.S. only math trade and you must have a U.S. address to receive games.

d10-7 Finally - you are expected to periodically check during the item submission period, and preferably during the want list submission period, to see if anyone has commented on your entries. People often ask questions of items - most commonly because you have forgotten to state a version or language - and you should check in to address such questions in a timely manner should they arise, so that everyone then has the correct information available.

This is a very easy thing to do. Just click on "Subscribe" under each of your entries. If someone adds a comment, you will receive a notification and a link directly to that comment.

Technical information

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4a with duplicate protection. SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

Please not that for this event, the order of the items on your want lists makes NO difference.

Want list submission

You can start creating your want lists any time after the start of the event.

Please note that it's best to work on your want lists and submit them early - you can always make changes and resubmit later. This will prevent you from being left out if you forget the deadline.

Remember that you may have saved your want lists, but they have NOT been submitted until you press the green button in step 4, and the silver button on the following page and received a confirming Geekmail.

You are not obliged to trade anything you put up for offer. If you offer a game, but see nothing that you are willing to accept for it in trade, you can submit a blank want list for it, or not submit one at all. If, however, you do submit a want list for a game, then it is expected that you will honour any trade that the TradeMaximizer comes up with. You will not receive anything you did not list as acceptable for the game(s) you have offered, so it is important to check your want lists - before you submit and at least once before the deadline - to correct any errors.

Please note: Sometimes real life intrudes on us unexpectedly. If I'm a little late posting something, please bear with me.

So enter lots of items and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Surprise! An Instant Gratification U.S. Only Math Trade - discussion thread
And... we're off!

Surprise! An Instant Gratification U.S. Only Math Trade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Sheets
United States
St Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So just to clarify - per the guidelines, this is a US only shipping trade? Listed with the no-shipping trades on the OLWLG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Cox
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The OLWLG always does that when trades are first listed until Jeff updates them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamingCoupleGA wrote:
The OLWLG always does that when trades are first listed until Jeff updates them.
This is correct, but thanks for the reminder. I will fix that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also noticed that I had the link from the OLWLG to this thread wrong, so I have fixed that.

You may have also noticed other issues in the OLWLG - here are the ones that I've run into so far:

- The deadlines aren't appearing, in spite of being entered correctly in the Geeklist header.

- When entering items from past math trades using the OLWLG, any formatting from the original entry has been converted from the BGG markup tags to the corresponding HTML tags, so you have to change them back manually.

These are due to some (possibly) unannounced changes to the BGG XML API, which are causing issues for some applications using it (such as the ones above). JeffyJeff is working on updates to the OLWLG to account for these changes but we might just have to deal with it for now.

Please see this thread for more details if interested - or if you find new things that you want Jeff to take a look at...

Heads up.... BGG may have broken your scripts that use the bgg xml geeklist api
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
The bad thing for me about those changes: sweeteners aren't highlighted.

The bad thing for me about this trade: I can't find the box of my sell/trade stuff. That's what I get for cleaning.

I'm here all excited about a real math trade instead of another over-long death march... and i have nothing to offer. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Thompson
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yaverot wrote:
That's related to the API update that everyone's talking about. I don't think we have a fix yet... I manually redid my "thing" tags for sweeteners, but I don't think that'll fix it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Moore
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cthompsonguy wrote:
yaverot wrote:
That's related to the API update that everyone's talking about. I don't think we have a fix yet... I manually redid my "thing" tags for sweeteners, but I don't think that'll fix it.
Right, manually redoing the tags doesn't work right now. Since this is going to be a short trade I'll still put up my items and the formatting will just look like a mess; I'll probably take a break from the OLWLG after that until the problems are resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
anglotiger wrote:
Thanks for running this, Jack. It almost feels like a 'leftovers' math trade... I've missed those!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Fletcher
United States
Saratoga Springs
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
I am awaited in Valhalla!!
mbmbmbmbmb
KingRob wrote:
cthompsonguy wrote:
yaverot wrote:
Right, manually redoing the tags doesn't work right now. Since this is going to be a short trade I'll still put up my items and the formatting will just look like a mess; I'll probably take a break from the OLWLG after that until the problems are resolved.
I found I only had this issue when adding games from the Trimming the Fat Math trade. I was able to add them from older Math Trades and the formatting was correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankenfletch wrote:
KingRob wrote:
cthompsonguy wrote:
yaverot wrote:
I found I only had this issue when adding games from the Trimming the Fat Math trade. I was able to add them from older Math Trades and the formatting was correct.
Same here. Only had tags from the most recent MT, prior ones were no issues. Not sure why that seems to be the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
yaverot wrote:
The bad thing for me about this trade: I can't find the box of my sell/trade stuff. That's what I get for cleaning.
Found the missing box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the OLWLG doesn't have deadlines correctly anymore, you may want to update the discussion thread and other header references with the time zone info. I know it's in the "settings" code at the bottom of the geeklist header, but might be good to emphasize it in the top portion as well.

Thanks for running this - I'm starting to get my math trade energies going again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
Since the OLWLG doesn't have deadlines correctly anymore, you may want to update the discussion thread and other header references with the time zone info. I know it's in the "settings" code at the bottom of the geeklist header, but might be good to emphasize it in the top portion as well.

Thanks for running this - I'm starting to get my math trade energies going again.
Good idea. I usually put in a blanket statement about CST but omitted it for some reason this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Surprise! An Instant Gratification U.S. Only Math Trade - discussion thread - item submission closes at 10pm CST tonight...
2,200+ items added in less than two days? That's some serious enthusiasm.

One hour left to add items!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Cox
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Surprise! An Instant Gratification U.S. Only Math Trade - discussion thread - item submission closes at 10pm CST tonight...
anglotiger wrote:

Are saying we should have two or more flash trades a month?

I'm in! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamingCoupleGA wrote:
anglotiger wrote:

Are saying we should have two or more flash trades a month?

I'm in! meeple
Well, if there's a longer one every month, then we won't really have the time.

That said, I think that this shows there's a place for them every now and then...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Roscioli
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Magic Judge
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
I usually put in a blanket statement about CST but omitted it for some reason this time.
I think you probably mean CDT, not CST (unless this trade is geared towards folks from Central America and a few Canadian provinces).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Surprise! An Instant Gratification U.S. Only Math Trade - discussion thread - item submission closes at 10pm CDT tonight...
That's it. The Geeklist is locked down. Want list submission opens momentarily...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Surprise! An Instant Gratification U.S. Only Math Trade - discussion thread - submit want lists now!
OK - here we go - want list submissions are open!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lamkin
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Surprise! An Instant Gratification U.S. Only Math Trade - discussion thread - submit want lists now!
anglotiger wrote:
OK - here we go - want list submissions are open!
When can we expect a trial run?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Breymeyer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put in two Paypal “giftcards,” but I have decided that the higher value giftcards are far too tempting, and I wish to try for those. Is that acceptable as long as I submit blank want lists for my giftcards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Middleton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, "48 hour math trade" means it will take us 48 hours to read through the games, yes? OK then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
breyfunk wrote:
I put in two Paypal “giftcards,” but I have decided that the higher value giftcards are far too tempting, and I wish to try for those. Is that acceptable as long as I submit blank want lists for my giftcards?
You can submit lists for your gift cards.

You cannot ask for gift cards FOR your gift cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |