Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Hero Realms» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some rule questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rando Thomas
Germany
flag msg tools
1. if 2 of my green champions have the faction ability "draw a card" (green) and i start a new turn, i can draw 2 cards? Do i have to do this at the start of my turn immediately (because two faction cards are already out) or can do this at any point within my turn?
2. Do i have to fullfill all things an a card immediately or can i delay parts of it? For example: the green card Elven gift: 2 gold - you may draw a card. If you do, discard a card. Can i delay the ability (to trigger the ranger ability before for example)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1: According to the Rules as Written, you may activate the ability as soon as it becomes relevent. There is also the line of "They May be used at any time during your Main Phase, and each [Ally Ability] may only be used once per round." So, if you played another Wild Faction card on your turn, you may NOT use that icon to activate another card draw from both of those champions

2: You must play an ability to its fullest as soon as you start fulfilling it. So, if there is a choice between two items, you may If there is a 'may' keyword in it, you can use it at any time during your turn. So, for the Elven gift, you may play it to get the coins, use said coins to fuel the Ranger Ability (Tracking is what I'm guessing what ability you wanted to use), and then draw that card on top of the deck. But after drawing that card, you must discard a card in your hand, even the one that you drew, as usual. Though, I remember the Star Realms app forcing me to choose a card to scrap the moment that I played it, so I could be misreading or misremembering it some
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For normal cards, you must follow the entirety of the first text box as completely as possible immediately when you play them.

For champions, you may execute the first text box at any point on your turn.

For either, you may execute their ally abilities at any point on your turn as long as you have the matching color in play at that point. For example, if you trash your only green card at some point on your turn, you can't activate any more green ally effects.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manos Zach
Greece
Heraklion
Crete
flag msg tools
Asmor wrote:
For normal cards, you must follow the entirety of the first text box as completely as possible immediately when you play them.

For champions, you may execute the first text box at any point on your turn.

For either, you may execute their ally abilities at any point on your turn as long as you have the matching color in play at that point. For example, if you trash your only green card at some point on your turn, you can't activate any more green ally effects.


And what about this one "Combat gained from expending a Champion goes into your Combat Pool; your Champion does not attack another Champion directly."?

Does it means you need at least one other card (other than the Champion) that adds combat value to combat pool in order to attack opponents Champion?

Also what if combat pools value comes from 2 Champions and no other card? Can you attack opponents champion?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
manolaren wrote:
Asmor wrote:
For normal cards, you must follow the entirety of the first text box as completely as possible immediately when you play them.

For champions, you may execute the first text box at any point on your turn.

For either, you may execute their ally abilities at any point on your turn as long as you have the matching color in play at that point. For example, if you trash your only green card at some point on your turn, you can't activate any more green ally effects.


And what about this one "Combat gained from expending a Champion goes into your Combat Pool; your Champion does not attack another Champion directly."?

Does it means you need at least one other card (other than the Champion) that adds combat value to combat pool in order to attack opponents Champion?

Also what if combat pools value comes from 2 Champions and no other card? Can you attack opponents champion?


The points go into the combat pool, and then you can use the pool to make attacks, no matter where the points came from originally.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manos Zach
Greece
Heraklion
Crete
flag msg tools
pelni wrote:
manolaren wrote:
Asmor wrote:
For normal cards, you must follow the entirety of the first text box as completely as possible immediately when you play them.

For champions, you may execute the first text box at any point on your turn.

For either, you may execute their ally abilities at any point on your turn as long as you have the matching color in play at that point. For example, if you trash your only green card at some point on your turn, you can't activate any more green ally effects.


And what about this one "Combat gained from expending a Champion goes into your Combat Pool; your Champion does not attack another Champion directly."?

Does it means you need at least one other card (other than the Champion) that adds combat value to combat pool in order to attack opponents Champion?

Also what if combat pools value comes from 2 Champions and no other card? Can you attack opponents champion?


The points go into the combat pool, and then you can use the pool to make attacks, no matter where the points came from originally.


So you can attack an opponents Champion, even if your combat pool points comes entirely from a single card, even if that card happens to be a champion, right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
manolaren wrote:
pelni wrote:
manolaren wrote:
Asmor wrote:
For normal cards, you must follow the entirety of the first text box as completely as possible immediately when you play them.

For champions, you may execute the first text box at any point on your turn.

For either, you may execute their ally abilities at any point on your turn as long as you have the matching color in play at that point. For example, if you trash your only green card at some point on your turn, you can't activate any more green ally effects.


And what about this one "Combat gained from expending a Champion goes into your Combat Pool; your Champion does not attack another Champion directly."?

Does it means you need at least one other card (other than the Champion) that adds combat value to combat pool in order to attack opponents Champion?

Also what if combat pools value comes from 2 Champions and no other card? Can you attack opponents champion?


The points go into the combat pool, and then you can use the pool to make attacks, no matter where the points came from originally.


So you can attack an opponents Champion, even if your combat pool points comes entirely from a single card, even if that card happens to be a champion, right?


Yes and if you have a champion that gives a lot of combat while your opponent has champions with very low defense, you can use combat from a single champion to stun multiple opposing champions and use the leftovers to attack an opponent directly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manos Zach
Greece
Heraklion
Crete
flag msg tools
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
manolaren wrote:
pelni wrote:
manolaren wrote:
Asmor wrote:
For normal cards, you must follow the entirety of the first text box as completely as possible immediately when you play them.

For champions, you may execute the first text box at any point on your turn.

For either, you may execute their ally abilities at any point on your turn as long as you have the matching color in play at that point. For example, if you trash your only green card at some point on your turn, you can't activate any more green ally effects.


And what about this one "Combat gained from expending a Champion goes into your Combat Pool; your Champion does not attack another Champion directly."?

Does it means you need at least one other card (other than the Champion) that adds combat value to combat pool in order to attack opponents Champion?

Also what if combat pools value comes from 2 Champions and no other card? Can you attack opponents champion?


The points go into the combat pool, and then you can use the pool to make attacks, no matter where the points came from originally.


So you can attack an opponents Champion, even if your combat pool points comes entirely from a single card, even if that card happens to be a champion, right?


Yes and if you have a champion that gives a lot of combat while your opponent has champions with very low defense, you can use combat from a single champion to stun multiple opposing champions and use the leftovers to attack an opponent directly.


Ok, got it. One last thing pls. Can you give an hypothetical scenario were the rules phrase "your Champion does not attack another Champion directly" is taking place?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No champion ever attacks. Ever. No card ever attacks. Nothing ever attacks.

Cards generate combat which goes into your pool.

You, the player, spend that combat however you want. The combat doesn't care where it came from, and it doesn't care where it goes.

You're overthinking this way too much.
5 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manos Zach
Greece
Heraklion
Crete
flag msg tools
Ok, got it now. I ll try thinking about it a bit less
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manolaren wrote:
Can you give an hypothetical scenario were the rules phrase "your Champion does not attack another Champion directly" is taking place?


That line is in there because there are a lot of other card games where you summon creatures that DO directly battle each other (Magic, Yugioh, etc...), and enough people assume that "if that's how one game does it, then that's how all games do it".

That line is just saying "that isn't how we do things here".
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.