Popular Tags: [View All]
James Wilson
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!

Now that many of you have had a chance to visit Everdell, I’m curious to know what your favorite cards are. So how about:

1: top 2 for art
2: top 2 for mechanics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slow Motion Walter
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
"We have now sunk to a depth at which re-statement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."--George Orwell
mbmbmb
ART
It's hard to pick favorites for art as it's so consistently good, but...
1) Miner Mole--That awesome covered candle strapped to his head
2) Lookout--The Wanderer atop a tower in the middle distance, gazing down the valley.
3) Historian--For reading a book upside down by moonlight. A critter after my own heart.*

MECHANICS
1) Husband/Wife--Love the theme-iness of pairing them up for 3 kids/points.
2) Storehouse--For the "AHA!" moment when it clicked how to use it well.
3) Clock Tower--Because I love the choice tension between activating a badly needed resource space and hanging onto its points.*

*Sorry, couldn't restrict myself to two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Art:
1. Chapel - looks awesome in the water
2. Inn - so cozy with the snow

All the art is top notch!

Mechanics:
1. Queen - 5 berries is a lot... but turning a worker into a 3 pt card is awesome.
2. Courthouse - getting a resource back for building helps to chain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wilson
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You Re: Favorite cards
TradenMyr wrote:
Art:
1. Chapel - looks awesome in the water
2. Inn - so cozy with the snow

All the art is top notch!

Mechanics:
1. Queen - 5 berries is a lot... but turning a worker into a 3 pt card is awesome.
2. Courthouse - getting a resource back for building helps to chain.

The Inn was the first completed piece of art by the amazing Andrew Bosley, and is also one of my favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slow Motion Walter
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
"We have now sunk to a depth at which re-statement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."--George Orwell
mbmbmb
Favorite Flavor Text

Peddler--"Genuine replicas!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wilson
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zedsdead wrote:
ART
2) Lookout--The Wanderer atop a tower in the middle distance, gazing down the valley.
3) Historian--For reading a book upside down by moonlight. A critter after my own heart.*

MECHANICS
3) Clock Tower--Because I love the choice tension between activating a badly needed resource space and hanging onto its points.*

Ah, I'm glad you enjoy the Husband/Wife combo and theme. Those two have been around since the beginning. I always wanted a way to show the "normal people", or, should I say, "normal critters".

So how do you use that Storehouse, eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wilson
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zedsdead wrote:
Favorite Flavor Text

Peddler--"Genuine replicas!"

Yeah, and being connected with the Ruins, I'm sure they are of the finest quality...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Omg that’s such a hard question honestly...we honestly love them All. I tend to like the unique buildings the most- all of them! This is the best artwork in a game I have ever played. My girlfriend loves it....we are actually literally in the midddle of fourth game- so we write down our top cards!!!
I have posted so many photos of this game so far on facebook and Instagram- everyone wants the “precious”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slow Motion Walter
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
greycloak wrote:
Zedsdead wrote:
ART

MECHANICS

Ah, I'm glad you enjoy the Husband/Wife combo and theme. Those two have been around since the beginning. I always wanted a way to show the "normal people", or, should I say, "normal critters".

So how do you use that Storehouse, eh?

Let it trigger multiple times. Then bring a forklift to cart off all the gains of my investment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mistian Krills
msg tools
My wife thought she had no more useful turns and was about to enter autumn when she realised she could get a storehouse, get the chip sweeper, then enter autumn, and have 4 lots of production on that baby, which was enough to get her the construction she'd been saving up for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mistian Krills
msg tools
Favorite art has to be the School and the Postal Pigeon for those lovely yellows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wilson
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rRudeBoy wrote:
My wife thought she had no more useful turns and was about to enter autumn when she realised she could get a storehouse, get the chip sweeper, then enter autumn, and have 4 lots of production on that baby, which was enough to get her the construction she'd been saving up for.

Hey, that’s awesome! Good old Chip Sweep!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fitzpatrick
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I am unable to pick my favorite art yet,but I definitely have my favorite mechanics and combo.

Courthouse & Judge, especially if I can build them early, allow me to convert resources (which helps alleviate pebble scarcity) and get a rebate after building constructions (which lets me choose a pebble).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wilson
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
airmanfitz wrote:
I am unable to pick my favorite art yet,but I definitely have my favorite mechanics and combo.

Courthouse & Judge, especially if I can build them early, allow me to convert resources (which helps alleviate pebble scarcity) and get a rebate after building constructions (which lets me choose a pebble).

A very powerful combination, for sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.