10 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: MB:P Sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Garcia
Canada
flag msg tools
For those from the original KS; if you bought the sleeves, are they specific to Pantheon? I am still waiting to do my PM for 1.5 and have been thinking of grabbing the "All In" sleeve pack (I'm base pledge only), to have extras for Ragnarok. Just wondering if it's worth it, as the sleeves are a pretty decent price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chi
msg tools
Do you mean based on size? The Mythic Battles cards are standard poker card (Magic the Gathering) sized cards, so the sleeves are that size. The price is fair, but if you don't really care about what's on the back, you can likely find cheaper sleeves.

Personally, I don't like buying sleeves that have art on the back specific to the game. It makes them hard to replace (if I run out and one rips, or if I get new expansions and failed to properly get the right card count), so I just buy more "generic" sleeves.

Another personal preference: Mythic battles has more than 2 card types. So when I sleeve them, I'd either use clear sleeves (probably not, because I want compatibility with Ragnarok) or different colored sleeves.

(1) Art of War/Activation/Omphalos
(2) Upgrades (from Hera's box)
(3) Troop Cards
(4) Recruitment Cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Garcia
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks for the info. What I was wondering was if the art on the sleeves was specific to Pantheon, or if they would work with Ragnarok, though knowing the size is also valid. As far as price, 900 sleeves for $45 (US), seems to be pretty decent.

Maybe I'll take the same route as you and grab generic sleeves. I think the Thunderstone Quest sleeves are the same size, and clear. Only thinking that as they seem to be a better price than I can get elsewhere. I dont plan to mix Raknarok with Pantheon except in a vs fashion.

Thanks for the input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chi
msg tools
Oh, sorry, completely missed that!

The sleeves won't be specific to the Pantheon. I believe that the backs are just for "Mythic Battles", which is why people speculate that after Ragnarok, is Egyptian mythology due to the symbols on the back of the sleeves.

BTW: Even if you don't mix Pantheon and Ragnarok units, the card backs for the art of war/omphalos cards will be different. By using sleeves to hide the card backs, you'll be able to reuse AoW and Omphalos cards, cutting down on the need to by extension kits if you do larger play sessions with Ragnarok.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the more important part is to be able to mix P and R units in one team...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Garcia
Canada
flag msg tools
Actually I have very little interest in that. Personally I want to face the different mythologies off against each other. It would bother me in a wierd way to see them working together, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
depends what "theme" you want to wrap it around. for example you could do a "all-fire" team made up of units from P and R battling an "all-water" team. might be really fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Garcia
Canada
flag msg tools
That's fair. Maybe after a few plays we would experiment like that. It will be cool in a few years after we get the 3rd mythology. I can't think of anything that would fit besides Egypt; what other mythology has that number of anthopomorphic gods?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
true. then again I'd say the celtic or far-east (China / Japan) mythology is also quite colorful...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Garcia
Canada
flag msg tools
True, but I'm not sure they really have the same mind share.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.