Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have tried to get a clear answer to this by reading through previous threads, but I am still uncertain.

The rules state that if there is another player on the other side you cannot cross the pool unless you have an extra movement point.

But what of a stone? If I am blocked by two stones, for example, but have no extra movement to get off the blood sideways, do I simply end the movement on the blood pool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

You do not end your movement on a blood patch. If the character cannot slide to a valid position, then you cannot move in that direction.

2 stones will block your movement, because they are un-movable by players. 1 stone will get shoved by the player who is sliding.

You are allowed to slide if there is a character at the end, because characters do not block movement, however you cannot end your move in the same space as another character.

Happy running for your life!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. But where is the rule that says you can’t end on a blood patch? Or is this more of a community interpretation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
The rules state that if there is another player on the other side you cannot cross the pool unless you have an extra movement point.

But what of a stone? If I am blocked by two stones, for example, but have no extra movement to get off the blood sideways, do I simply end the movement on the blood pool?

Yes, you have the right idea. The two situations are different.

In the case with a character on the other side of the pool, you may enter another character's space but not remain there, so there is nothing to stop you if you slide through the blood and enter that space, but you must have at least one movement point remaining to move out of the character's space.

However, two stones *can* block your motion and you don't enter a space with a stone in it. If your last movement point is used to enter the blood pool, and sliding brings you up against two (or more) stones, that is where you stop.

Playing on Yucata, this is how the rules are implemented in this situation, and I've seen it quite frequently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambiteer wrote:
Playing on Yucata, this is how the rules are implemented in this situation, and I've seen it quite frequently.

Ditto on boiteajeux.net
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also a reference about this in the rules page 4 in the German version it says:

Quote:
Blut: Mit einem Zugpunkt betritt die Spielfigur die Blutlache und glitscht sofort in gerader Linie auf das Feld hinter der Lache. Liegt dort
ein beweglicher Steinblock, wird er gemäß den Regeln um ein Feld verschoben. Ist dies regelgemäß unmöglich oder liegt die Blutlache
direkt am Spielfeldrand, bleibt die Spielfigur auf der Blutlache stehen und kann dann gegebenenfalls mit einem weiteren Bewegungspunkt
seitlich vom Blut glitschen. Da man ja auf einem Feld mit einer Figur seinen Zug nicht beenden darf, kann man mit seinem letzten
Bewegungspunkt das Blut nicht betreten
, wenn am anderen Ende eine Figur steht.

So if the other end is blocked off you can move onto the blood provided you have one more movement point left to move off the blood in a different direction. If you are spending your last movement point when the other side is blocked, then you cannot move onto the blood.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: you should find this in page 4 under the not referred to as "Blood"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IS that substantially different to the English translation?

"Because it is forbidden to end your movement on the same space as another playing token, you cannot move onto blood pools with your last movement point, if the space behind the blood pool is already occupied by another playing token."

The "if" clause seems to be key here. You can't move onto it IF there is another figure there. This does not explicitly cover the case of a stone being there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

There is no need to cover the case of a stone being anywhere because it's not an exceptional case, and is covered under the rules for stones.

The case where the last movement point is expended to enter the blood pool, and another playing figure is on the exit square, is the exceptional case and is therefore described and limited by a rule to cover that case.

Furthermore, Section 3 in "Examples of Movement" (page 4 in my rules) explicitly covers a case of sliding a stone onto blood and it being blocked while on the blood, "which blocks further sliding".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
This screenshot from boiteajuex.net shows the case of two non player objects being at the end of the blood pool and the player being able to end their movement on the blood pool in this situation (the blue 3 piece). In this case there is also a wall blocking the two objects, but I digress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.