Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The English rules state:

"You may not place the board below the Entrance - in other words, it may not be closer to you on the table than the Entrance to your park."

Entrance Park Areas as you know have 5 rows. If I take the above rule literally, am I correct in saying that I can shift down a new Park Area to align with the bottom row (5th row) of a Entrance Park Area? You can actually see the entrance door on the very bottom edge of the Entrance Park Area tile.

I wonder if doing this is a disadvantage for the player. I haven't tried it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Flores
Brazil
Teresina
Piauí
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting, but I think you want to align the bottom of the new tile you're placing with the bottom of the initial tile. I don't think that's allowed. The rule book says:

- You must place the new Park Area orthogonally adjacent to another Park Area in your
park, so that their edges fully align to one another.

I assume the "constructible" areas of each tile (the 4 by 4 grids) must align with each other. At least that's how I always payed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a matter of semantics and possibly an unintended translation error. Had I written the rule I would have simply said:

"You must position the new board above the Entrance line - so that the 4x4 tile grids are always aligned with each other".

The way they wrote it doesn't make sense if you take it literally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
samflores wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting, but I think you want to align the bottom of the new tile you're placing with the bottom of the initial tile. I don't think that's allowed. The rule book says:

- You must place the new Park Area orthogonally adjacent to another Park Area in your
park, so that their edges fully align to one another.

I assume the "constructible" areas of each tile (the 4 by 4 grids) must align with each other. At least that's how I always payed.

But the rule quoted here clearly prohibits the placement you are mentioning. That seems sufficient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.