Hide
3 Posts

Fort Sumter: The Secession Crisis, 1860-61» Forums » General

Subject: Introducing a new player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jP J
msg tools
I have played a number of games with my best buddy, and we've thoroughly enjoyed the system, the time, the strategy, and the gameplay itself.
Yesterday, I thought I'd introduce my grand daughter (12) to the game. She's an avid gamer, but with zero wargaming-type experience. (Ticket to Ride; Splendor; Dungeon!; Exploding Kittens; Carcasonne; Unexploded Cows, and so on)
She took to the game immediately and beat me by a point in the first game, lost by several in the next, and demanded a playoff later, in which she edged me by a point again. Grrrrrr.
Asked what she likes about the game, she says, "I like everything about it." And she adds, that she likes the historical elements of the game, the time commitment and the speed of play.
This was an excellent game to introduce her into a different system. We love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing. Awesome story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
33mistletoe33 wrote:
I have played a number of games with my best buddy, and we've thoroughly enjoyed the system, the time, the strategy, and the gameplay itself.
Yesterday, I thought I'd introduce my grand daughter (12) to the game. She's an avid gamer, but with zero wargaming-type experience. (Ticket to Ride; Splendor; Dungeon!; Exploding Kittens; Carcasonne; Unexploded Cows, and so on)
She took to the game immediately and beat me by a point in the first game, lost by several in the next, and demanded a playoff later, in which she edged me by a point again. Grrrrrr.
Asked what she likes about the game, she says, "I like everything about it." And she adds, that she likes the historical elements of the game, the time commitment and the speed of play.
This was an excellent game to introduce her into a different system. We love it.

Your Granddaughter sounds like a genius. This grandfather thanks her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.