5 Posts

Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: Vault 84 deck in play before Vault 84 tile revealed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Caya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone. Love this game, but my brain hurts in regards to this question: am I missing something here? 014 led to 067 which led to 069 which led to 070 which led to creating the Vault 84 deck which is its own deck unless I am misunderstanding the rules? If I am not misunderstanding them, you won't have anything further to do with the Vault 84 deck until you discover the tile where you can then move to it and do an encounter action there that allows you to draw from that deck? Someone make my brain stop hurting and explain this to me. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
What's brain-hurty about that?
Two ways through the quest line to unlock the deck, one narratively involves straight-up going to the vault and knocking (can't progress that path to deck unlock without being at the tile), the other path involves gathering information outside (you can unlock the deck here without being on site - it'll be ready and waiting for when you find the tile).

Edit: I mean, the general Settlement and Ruins decks are prepped and set out too without tiles featuring either settlement or ruins being revealed yet. Same thing, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cotton
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spookeh70 wrote:
Hello everyone. Love this game, but my brain hurts in regards to this question: am I missing something here? 014 led to 067 which led to 069 which led to 070 which led to creating the Vault 84 deck which is its own deck unless I am misunderstanding the rules? If I am not misunderstanding them, you won't have anything further to do with the Vault 84 deck until you discover the tile where you can then move to it and do an encounter action there that allows you to draw from that deck? Someone make my brain stop hurting and explain this to me. Thank you!

Sounds like you're doing it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Caya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response. I think where my OCD was kicking in and causing me to doubt if I had it right was that it went through all the trouble to introduce it, set some quests up, and...then nothing until we find the tile. I was looking on the cards for something to say "find and flip the tile!" ... but I get your logic about the settler and wasteland decks, as well. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I am not wrong, it works this way: you have to trigger the event that creates the vault deck + perform and an encounter action on the vault space (which obviously requires that you have already explored and revealed the vault tile).

You cannot do such vault encounter action (=interact with the vault location) unless and until the vault deck has been created by another previous event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls