Hide
10 Posts

Escape Plan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Helicopter Rule Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Esgro
msg tools
On turn one. I took the Helipad across water that did not have the Ferry ability or a helipad. I purchased the local gang. Can I not use the gang to get off of this tile? Should I not be able to have them pick me up from the adjacent helicopter location?

I am the orange player in this picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the tile is not a “helipad” tile you can’t use the gang as a helechopter. Only the medic helechopter card can get you out of there I believe (or a jet ski). Looks like you’re stuck till someone lays a tile to get you out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holzman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say the tile needs to have the H icon for a local helipad. It seems to me, from my reading of the rules, you are stuck until another time is put down.

Doh ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you can only visit each business once and you must move to a different location. Since you purchased a gang your first turn, then visited a business your second turn, you have to rest your third turn.

In the very rare situation where you’ve already rested, have no leagal locations to move, and still have a remaining action, I think you’d just have to forfeit your last action. There’s nothing in the rules about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Esgro
msg tools
Yep, that is how it played out. I was pretty salty for the 1st day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
happyfuntimegames wrote:

At least you were well rested for your second day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Esgro
msg tools
ACGalaga wrote:
happyfuntimegames wrote:

True. I actually ended up winning with 430 points in the end. However, if another player escaped before me, I would not have been able to escape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
happyfuntimegames wrote:
ACGalaga wrote:
happyfuntimegames wrote:

True. I actually ended up winning with 430 points in the end. However, if another player escaped before me, I would not have been able to escape.

That part of the game is cool, isn’t it? High tension last turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Australia
Inner West, Sydney
flag msg tools
Hi Vital, with that tile setup, there's still the unanswered question of what do you do if there's no where legal to move to and you have already rested. Do you just forfeit that turn?

Eg. End previous day on gang location (no one places tile to extend), next day - move to business, no more locations to visit so rest, then what should happen for last part of the day?

This is a real edge case and probably quite rarely comes up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
Reman wrote:
Hi Vital, with that tile setup, there's still the unanswered question of what do you do if there's no where legal to move to and you have already rested. Do you just forfeit that turn?

Eg. End previous day on gang location (no one places tile to extend), next day - move to business, no more locations to visit so rest, then what should happen for last part of the day?

This is a real edge case and probably quite rarely comes up.

If you plan this never happen, but yes, if you can't move you forfeit your turn. Never saw it happen during playtesting. In the da example presented, William could just stoped in the Safe house 3, before catch the Heli. But he didn't... Better plan next time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.