Rajas of the Ganges» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Province Tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Downes
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I've played Rajas of the Ganges for the first time yesterday and it was a lot of fun although my wife won. Oh well! I can't wait to get another game in. What I'm wondering is, what's the significance to the animals on the back of the tiles? And what are they supposed to represent? I've worked out that the Snake tiles are the least expensive tiles in the game, they cost you the least amount of dice followed by the Tiger and then the Cow, which is the most important, I know that the Cow is sacred in India, which makes sense but how did the designers come up with the values associated with the animals as the only difference between the Cow and Tiger is a 9 and a 10. And the snake has one more tile and the highest value is a 6. Looking further into it, it seems that the Tiger has the buildings and the Cow has the markets and the Snake has a mix of both. Interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
It's mostly really just to help you sort the piles so that you have a good distribution of tiles. What way the tiles then have been organised within each stack/animal I didn't really care much to look into, but that's pretty much what you found, they will be organised in some way to ensure that there is always some type of tile available that can be useful to someone following a particular type os strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hgzwopjp hgzwopjp
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More precisely, the snake piles contain only tiles with a cost of at most 6, while all other piles' tiles cost at least 7. One of the others concentrates more on buildings, the other more on markets. In general, all colors and all building types are distributed evenly (the same set of tiles for each color, just permuted building types and markets). The tea and wheat markets are also symmetrical, while there are more fabric (the red thingy...) markets (one more per color). Just for the record... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.