Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Romero
Spain
Ajalvir
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing a game, I get a question that may be crazy, but in my head of man of the twentieth century seems reasonable.

The limit of stacking is a unit, I really like it and it seems very clear to me for the game. But thinking about defending with units that are very touched, with 1 or 2 SP I think they are too weak and are easy to eliminate, not being able to defend with anything else ...

Would it be unhistorical or crazy to think that two small units can occupy the space of a large one? Share the hex ??

I think that two different organizations have to keep the distance to operate correctly, but for example limit to 4 or 5 SP (including intact and DM) per hexagon and two units at most.

This raises several problems, such as the subject of morale checks and the assignment of casualties. In principle, the unit that is above could pass the morale and if it fails both will normally withdraw. The losses are assigned to the top token and if it is eliminated, the bottom one is left that would assume the rest of the hits.

Any opinion on this idea will be well received, I suppose it will help me to have a more accurate idea of ​​how to fight in this war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not a rules question, and should be posted in the Variants folder.

You are trying to overcome an effect of the game, based perhaps on something of a "reality argument".
If stacking is not allowed in BH, it is a choice by the designer.
How much have you played this game, to consider necessary to change the rules?
I find that having to manage weakened units is part of the "adapt and overcome" elements of a wargame.

There would be serious problems with your variant, the first of which is defining what unit of a stack attacks as Approach Firing?
Especially if the units moved at different times, each one Approach firing against different units.

From another aspect, a unit that is weakened due to a majority of DM (rather than SP losses) hasn't changed its size. It is about to shatter.
Formations shouldn't be able to mix spontanoeously on a battlefield : I don't think that they had that level of adaptation capacity.

So, you see, I see no use of such a variant and I think that it would add problems rather than solve any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Romero
Spain
Ajalvir
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably you are correct. As I write in my message I only played one game. It is only a first impresion, and I like the game I think it is very good. I think that this game improve A5A.

Only I imagine that in a battle you put one unit at the side of the other and there are not hex limit... of course it is a game... but I can not avoid to think in a chines film where the bad boys attack the hero one by one....

But my idea is not change the rules, only think about and you tell me one problem that I don't think about... I take note...

P.D. I don't know to change this foro to Variants... it is posible? or only for administrator?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sterner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You might want to consider that rather than frontage concerns, the limit on stacking is to enable attacks on a single brigade regardless of how large or small it is. No stacking means a brigade stands on its own; if attacked its weakness will be subject to exploitation by the enemy. If you were allowed to stack you could overcome its weakness by combining it with other weakened brigades, which might undercut the intent of the design. Of course, you were hoping to increase the strength of these weakened bdes by exactly these means, thereby negating to a large degree their very weakened status.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sterner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Essentially, what I'm saying is that the game's premise might well be that you attack brigades, not hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.