Brian Tubbs
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
The rules clearly state (when resolving action cards) that you begin with the least popular character. However, what is the order when assigning the bonus point for being in the same room as the prince?

It would seem overly complicated to use a different turn order for that...however if you don't begin with the most popular when assigning points for being in the same room as the prince, especially early on in the game (assuming everyone starts in the same room as the prince) due to the leap-frogging nature of scoring you eat up a lot of the popularity track right away. And if NOT everyone starts out in (or tries to keep up with) the same room as the prince/follows him around (especially early on) you can get an arguably unrecoverable gap between a character (or couple of characters) that chose not to follow him around and those that did. Which, maybe is the point (is an exercise in trying to just follow the prince around if you can)...but I was thinking that mindset limits fun and creativity in game play. I would prefer to have following the prince around to be more of a slight bonus than a potential game breaking mechanism for anyone that doesn't (again, due to the leap frogging nature of point tracking).

I know 'the deterrent' to following the prince around is that people can then play action cards on you (since more will be apt to be in the same room with you if you're with the prince)...but that deterrent would pale in comparison to being like 12 - 20 popularity points behind by not being in the same room as the prince for a turn or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carroll
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mngopher wrote:
However, what is the order when assigning the bonus point for being in the same room as the prince?

This is covered on p6 -- gain it in order of most popular to least.

As far as I can tell, there's not much reason not to follow the Prince around as much as you can. It depends on his route and how many Dances you want to play (which makes it harder to get information), but sharing a room is just as much an opportunity as a danger. Then again, there is probably some strategy about which people to follow, given their relative popularity and how much information you think they have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Tubbs
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
Thanks so much! As you pointed out, it was clearly stated on p6...not sure how I (kept) missing that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.