Popular Tags: 18xx [+] convention [+] [View All]
Galatolol 1
Poland
Kraków / Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vitriool wrote:
We offer free pickup for orders from Marflow Games

Awesome news, I will certainly order something.

Vitriool wrote:
you can already save the date for our Winter convention: Friday 29 November till Sunday 1 December 2019.

Great that you keep it going!

Dodb66 wrote:

There's a local game shop called De Spelfanaat not far from the venue, Putsesteenweg 17, Mechelen. It's open during the day and they have a room in the back where you can play. This is the official venue of our boardgameclub.

Do note that me and Luk might be to busy with preparations in order to join you.

Thanks for the information, so now we have a place and only player are missing It's not surprising that you probably won't be able to do it, I'm just hoping that there are some other maniacs willing to come earlier devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Fischer
Netherlands
Den Haag
---
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dodb66 wrote:
Galatolol wrote:
Registration is up (if someone missed that).

Is someone planning to arrive earlier on Friday? I would gladly start at ~14h, so we could play a shorter game (like 1849 or 1848), before the convention actually begins. We would have to find a place to play though (maybe Luk/David could recommend something).

There's a local game shop called De Spelfanaat not far from the venue, Putsesteenweg 17, Mechelen. It's open during the day and they have a room in the back where you can play. This is the official venue of our boardgameclub.

Do note that me and Luk might be to busy with preparations in order to join you.

I would be up for that, especially 1849.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galatolol 1
Poland
Kraków / Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pfischer wrote:
I would be up for that, especially 1849.

Great! It's too early to talk details, however it's certain that I'll be in Mechelen early, so only one more person needed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b fix
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there around 12h and I can have my copy of 1849
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Fischer
Netherlands
Den Haag
---
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alas, I am not going to the June con after all - next time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luk
Belgium
Mechelen
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only a few weeks before the Summer convention. We will announce a session schedule shortly. Registration is still possible

Furthermore, for those we cannot make it this time, for those who attended in Winter, actually for all of you, save the date: Friday 29 November till Sunday 1 December 2019 will be the next Winter convention.

Looking forward to see you in Mechelen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galatolol 1
Poland
Kraków / Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case someone missed it, the schedule (not final) is up: http://18xxbelgium.com/index.php/table-schedule-june-2019/

Is someone arriving to Mechelen early? We search third player for a quick play of 1848/1849/? before the actual convention begins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ger Sweeney
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'll be flying on in the morning so can be there quite early. I'm a relative newcomer to 18xx but if you're ok with that I'd be up for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b fix
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are defintly welcome which 18xx did you play yet? (to have an idea of which title to play)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ger Sweeney
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I've played 1846 a couple of times. I tend to pick things up quickly, so will be fine with whatever so long as I know which rules to read in advance :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galatolol 1
Poland
Kraków / Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So 13h in De Spelfanaat shop?

Dodb66 wrote:

Wanderer12 wrote:
I've played 1846 a couple of times.

1849 should be a good choice then unless you want to learn a game with full capitalization.

Luk / David, will it be possible to borrow a poker chips set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b fix
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Galatolol wrote:
So 13h in De Spelfanaat shop?
My train arrive at bruxelle-midi at 11h50 so it should work for me.

Galatolol wrote:

1849 should be a good choice then unless you want to learn a game with full capitalization.

1849 can be a good idea yes : while it also is an incremental capitalisation game, it is at the exact opposite than 1846... in 46 you want a good company and you have lots of money, in 49 you have nothing and try to survive It would give you many good ideas to use for the whole convention!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ger Sweeney
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sounds good to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luk
Belgium
Mechelen
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can arrange the poker chips. If you like, we can try to give you a lift to De Spelfanaat. Just let us know if there is a place (railway station, hotel) where you three can meet. I'll bring you to the store and someone will pick you up afterwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ger Sweeney
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
1849 sounds great! I'm going to be in Brussels super early Friday so I'll probably just meander and make my own way to where we're meeting :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David op De Beeck
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to summarize for those meeting up early

The place you can play is called

De Spelfanaat
Putsesteenweg 17
Mechelen
open from 11:00 until 18:00
ask for the room in the back.

If you travel by train from Brussels to Mechelen, you should disembark at Mechelen Nekkerspoel (second stop) and not Mechelen Central (first stop) but make sure the train stops at Mechelen Nekkerspoel as some don't.

here's a map

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galatolol 1
Poland
Kraków / Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Write-up of what I've played during the convention:

https://www.railsonboards.com/2019/06/12/belgian-18xx-conven...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luk
Belgium
Mechelen
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a real convention, but on Saturday 17 August, we run a 18xx day in our FLGS (De Spelfanaat) in Mechelen, open to all, starting at 14:00.
You are very welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'll be in The Hague that and the next weekend. I expect I won't be able to make it down to Mechelen, but I'll have 18xx games with me and will be happy to play there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galatolol 1
Poland
Kraków / Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Registration for the winter edition is up: http://18xxbelgium.com/index.php/registration/

Will there be a possibility, again, to buy Marflow games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Habelitz
Germany
Zweibrücken
Reinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any date for spring edition or winter '20 - even if unsure? I have to plan my holidays for next year now and I only have the chance to visit if I have guaranteed holidays... (I work on saturdays usually until 5 or 6 pm)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galatolol 1
Poland
Kraków / Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matthias19281 wrote:
Any date for spring edition or winter '20 - even if unsure? I have to plan my holidays for next year now and I only have the chance to visit if I have guaranteed holidays... (I work on saturdays usually until 5 or 6 pm)

Probably weekend of Pentecost, so 29th May - 1st June.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galatolol 1
Poland
Kraków / Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Friday, we should have a preconvention game at around 14:00. We don't know where exactly yet.

It will be possible to pickup an order from RailsOnBoards shop. It must be placed before the 11th of November.

https://www.railsonboards.com/2019/09/22/personal-pickup-in-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Russo
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Galatolol wrote:
On Friday, we should have a preconvention game at around 14:00. We don't know where exactly yet.

It will be possible to pickup an order from RailsOnBoards shop. It must be placed before the 11th of November.

https://www.railsonboards.com/2019/09/22/personal-pickup-in-...

I will be at airport at 12:55, so i need just the time to take a train for mechelen, and i can be one of yours

Paolo
serpentium AT gmail DOT com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukasz Koper
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Galatolol wrote:
Matthias19281 wrote:

Probably weekend of Pentecost, so 29th May - 1st June.

Is the date you mentioned confirmed? May the 30th 2020 is a date of Champion League final. Is it possible to establish another date (one week before or one week later)? I would like to convice my several friends to visit Belgium but I am not sure it will be possible in "inconvienient" time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |