Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Abad
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just ordered the game and am so excited about it!

I was reading the rulebook for the first time and I have a question.

In section "1c. Using bases", it says that "If the active player chooses to use the ability of a base owned by an opponent, that opponent will receive a reward".

Also, it says that, in order to perform, for example, a Move action, there needs to be a base present.

So, if a player moves using the base of an opponent but chooses not to use its boost ability, would the opponent get a reward anyway? Or would the reward only be granted if the ability is used?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Volodioso wrote:
... the reward only be granted if the ability is used?

From my reading of the rules to date this second one seems right. If you didn't use the ability, the opponent does not get the reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Abad
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David,

That is what I supposed, too, but then, on page 9, under "Base Prerequisites", it says:

"If an opponent's base is used to allow a move, that opponent gains a reward" (Emphasis mine).

The way this is written makes me think that just by departing from an opponent's base, whether you use its boost or not, that opponent gains the reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jensen
United States
SANTA ROSA
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use an opponent's base as the prerequisite to allow a move, they will receive a reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.