Joe Veen
United States
Columbia Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably pack up some games (and table) and head over. Sounds like a good time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey H
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is what I hope to bring (plus probably a few more).

A mix of some older Euros/AT and wargames.

Europa 1945-2030
Eurorails
Acquire
Hispaniola
18cz
Yeti Slalom
Rugby World
Pirates Cove (German)
Cheops
Xhenor
Phoenica
Streetcar
Hitler’s War
Eclipse + Expansion
Metromania
Hollywood Blockbuster
Joan of Arc
Lowenherz
Joan of Arc
Nations
Titan
A Frozen Hell
MBT
Panzerblitz
Attack
Battle Cry
Through the Desert
Squad Leader
Air Assault on Crete
Settlers of Nurnberg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What time are people setting up? I'm loading up a car-full of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willett
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m aiming to get there just before, but only because I don’t want to overstay my welcome. Not sure how this will go as I haven’t been to previous one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of stuff setup already and more coming in. The 1pm rush should be great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bock
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wish I weren't at work right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:
I'll be there with a table and a bunch of games.

New to my standard list of for sale games will be:
Dragonfire
Dice Masters: D&D Battle for Faerun packs
I'm the 4th table on the south side. I'm wearing a Twins cap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Edwards
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So sad I missed the festivities... Hopefully we'll have Waconia-Con in a few months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How'd it go? I missed it but I hope to make a future market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RiffRaff14 wrote:
How'd it go? I missed it but I hope to make a future market.
My collection says it was a great turnout, with a lot of people setting up tables, good and great games for sale, and pretty good pricing from what I saw.

My wallet says "ouch."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all involved in organizing, setting up and selling! It was fun and I bought more than I should have and, somehow, less than I should have!
Can't wait for the next one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orvenwolf wrote:
Thanks to all involved in organizing, setting up and selling! It was fun and I bought more than I should have and, somehow, less than I should have!

It wasn't as busy as the first one, but I believe there were more sellers this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to next one. I wasn't able to join in due to picking up family at the airport and the flight got delayed... but glad it's been a successful experiment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willett
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. I think a bunch of games went to good homes. I already got one to the table with my family yesterday. I look forward to future ones, and I liked the distillery and might have to visit more often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick S
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
It wasn't as busy as the first one, but I believe there were more sellers this time.

This is how I felt as well. Seemed there were more people selling, but fewer people buying. Then again, I didn't bring much to sell and was able to sell/trade everything that I did, so I'd still consider it a success.

I do think 4 hours is a bit too long. From what I could tell, most of the buying/selling that happened after 3 was just other sellers trying to score deals. Maybe 2-3 hours instead of 4 next time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My only regret (so far) is not buying more of those "Really Useful Boxes" from whoever was selling them. I bought $5 worth, since they seemed neat and I like the idea of little containers rather than baggies or dishes or nothing.

And then I figured out that they fit the pieces of Chicago Express that I also picked up, and that now I have used most of the boxes.

That person has started me down a slippery slope, and tomorrow I'll probably be seeking out plano boxes, next week I'll be found in some parking lot with a hobby lobby artist case, muttering about "optimal storage" with a wild look in my eyes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Schneider
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember the first one being crazy as everyone was stuffed in the backroom of Wander North. Now that it was outside - a lot of it was spread out. I do believe the first one had a bit more traffic but it could have contributed to a number of things such as the State Fair, post GenCon, generally being a decent day outside vs. last time where it was near the 'spring cleaning' season and not much in terms of big events.

In all, I did well and will be participating in another. Paul mentioned that him, his group and Wander North want to expand and grow this.

pekin2121 wrote:
Orvenwolf wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Schneider
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Akado wrote:
My only regret (so far) is not buying more of those "Really Useful Boxes" from whoever was selling them.

Mr. Xonim was the man selling them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle :)
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Akado wrote:
My only regret (so far) is not buying more of those "Really Useful Boxes" from whoever was selling them. I bought $5 worth, since they seemed neat and I like the idea of little containers rather than baggies or dishes or nothing.

And then I figured out that they fit the pieces of Chicago Express that I also picked up, and that now I have used most of the boxes.

That person has started me down a slippery slope, and tomorrow I'll probably be seeking out plano boxes, next week I'll be found in some parking lot with a hobby lobby artist case, muttering about "optimal storage" with a wild look in my eyes...
So let me tell you about The Container Store...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Milton
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was planning to come to this and had cash to burn on some games from the buy/sell thread that I was hoping to find there (don't normally get up that far North, so those FFG meeting spot sales are rough) but sadly my 4 year old wound up sick all day while my wife was out of town so I couldn't get up there. Looking forward to checking this out next time though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willett
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aethubryn wrote:
Akado wrote:

Oh, that way madness lies...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aethubryn wrote:
That store makes me happy. I don't buy much from there, but whenever I'm in it I feel calm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Frome
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone take pictures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willett
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fromeea wrote:
I took like 4 from where I was set up from early in the day. My wife poured over them and got jealous of some of the stuff that sold quickly.

I will work to try to post them here later, though they aren't good, just a snapshot of the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nukesniper wrote:
fromeea wrote:
I took like 4 from where I was set up from early in the day. My wife poured over them and got jealous of some of the stuff that sold quickly.

I will work to try to post them here later, though they aren't good, just a snapshot of the moment.

I took one - there were about 3 times as many tables as you can see in this picture:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |