Project: ELITE» Forums » General

Subject: CMON Announces Updated Version of Project:Elite rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Menez
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
CMON will be bringing an updated Project:Elite to Kickstarter later this year. bag

https://cmon.com/news/cmon-limited-announces-updated-version...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Black
msg tools
That's super exciting news! This has been my number one desired game for nearly 2 years.
I reached out to CMON about a year to year and a half ago recommending this, and they never responded to me. I imagine many others mentioned this to CMON as well. It just makes sense for them: as they have the ability to produce minis, love doing kickstarters, and it fits well in their Xenoshyft universe. Can't wait for this kickstarter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phenomenal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news for those who haven't been able to get a copy! The all in price will probably be more expensive that the current version though, ha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YEEEESSSSS!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dominguez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome! So Kickstarter end of 2018 and delivery in 2019. As an original backer that managed to get the game and expansion (on the aftermarket) I hope they don't tweak the game too much. The game play is near perfect, but some monster/items could use clarification. Yes, improve the minis, but don't make them flimsy as they get roughly tossed off the board in the heat of the action phase. (Studio McVey's last game, Sedition Wars, had lots of models that broke in places) Also, please keep the colored plastic for the boss/mega bosses/specials as it would be near impossible to sort the 200 + minis without it. Super excited for everyone to be able to play this game and more characters/maps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Black
msg tools
Ogrecrusher wrote:
Great news for those who haven't been able to get a copy! The all in price will probably be more expensive that the current version though, ha!

Oh yeah! It'll definitely be more expensive haha. However, it will absolutely be worth it! I think we will see some really good improvements on an already fine game.

1. With CMON running the campaign and Mark McVey personally overseeing the minis, the production quality will be through the roof.
2. I think we'll also see a lot more new and exciting content with this campaign.
3. In addition to that, with Eric Lang overseeing gameplay, I imagine there will also be some fine-tuning of the already great mechanics for this game.
4. The art will probably also be improved (even though it's already good art) as CMON has some amazing in-house artists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, no problem with the minis this time I bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:

Let's hope they make them throw proof. That's one good thing about the minis with the current edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogrecrusher wrote:
abonosky wrote:

Let's hope they make them throw proof. That's one good thing about the minis with the current edition.

CMON minis are pretty solid, though some weapons might break if you throw them

Just found out about this game in detail today because of this announcement - this is cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Though this may make my original copy worthless, this is incredible news! A game worthy of a CMON treatment. So glad more people will be able to play this great game. It would be awesome if the old stuff could some how be used with the new stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davis
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wonder if there will be some kind of update kit or just a rebuy.

I'd be all over an update kit but I totally understand that it is feasible less often then I'd like it to be.

Re-buying an updated version of the game would still be pretty tempting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic news. Miniature upgrades and new expansions. What more could you ask for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been waiting for this. I am all over it. I hope they do it justice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:
Fantastic news. Miniature upgrades and new expansions. What more could you ask for?

Technically they say base game and expansions, but don’t specify new expansions. Though I would imagine it’s likely to see small changes throughout. I’m sure they have some new alien soldier ideas after all this time? And I’d love to see eruptors more differentiated from runners, for example.

But I already have everything from the first Kickstarter and I’m still very likely to get this new version, so let’s get to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Black
msg tools
Dormammu wrote:
Sassycat wrote:

Technically they say base game and expansions, but don’t specify new expansions. Though I would imagine it’s likely to see small changes throughout. I’m sure they have some new alien soldier ideas after all this time? And I’d love to see eruptors more differentiated from runners, for example.

But I already have everything from the first Kickstarter and I’m still very likely to get this new version, so let’s get to it!

I think CMON is brilliant when it comes to creating expansions! I'd be shocked if there wasn't new content. By the time the game goes on kickstarter, the first edition will have been out for 2.5 years. Definitely plenty of time to come up with new content

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cruickshanks
Norway
flag msg tools
Zzzz
badge
Chaos Incarnate
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my favorite games, but definitely wouldn't mind a new take on the blobby miniatures (although as has been said, no sharp pokey bits or thin portions, please).

I'll definitely consider it depending on how the art direction goes. I'm already very happy with my copy though, so we'll see, but making it more accessible is awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Far more excited for this than I am for Cthulhu, and I went all in on this the first time around.

Had a lot of fun with this game. Never had much of a problem with the minis, but if this reprint means I finally get to see a bunch of those unused Sedition Wars minis from years back see the light of day I'm going to be doubly excited!

I'm sure I'll be all in on this as well- I really hope they don't tinker with the rules too much, as they were pretty solid overall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I predict one of the most likely changes is to make the names and visual designs of the bosses and specials less silly. The agents also have oddball names likely to be updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray R.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the original Project: ELITE and while the minis are a bit blobby, they're pretty easy to tell apart during the frantic pace of play. My experience with Massive Darkness, Zombicide and Blood Rage is that you often find yourself carefully comparing poses between too many slightly different minis ("No, the orcs that look like they're running are really walkers. Only the goblins are runners. See the pointed ears?"). If CMON wants to rely on colored bases, I hope they make them larger and less likely to fall off.

As for the art style, the cover kind of stinks of Zombicide: Invader

Project: ELITE is fun and kind of campy and doesn't take itself too seriously. I'll be sad if they turn it into yet another Adrian Smith vision of hulking Space Marines and tentacle monsters roaming a blood splattered backdrop of muted browns and reds.

Cautiously optimistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paco Electric Taco Mak
Australia
flag msg tools

<3

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Di4MblIU8AEpmc1.jpg:large
Missed out before, can’t wait to get my hands on this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray S
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Had the original and got rid of it do to the terrible miniature quality. Totally agree that CMON needs to keep away from the recent slew of tentacle, random body part and spiky bit monsters (HATE, Invader, Cthulhu). In fact, since McVey is involved, I'd love to see them use some of the Sedition Wars sculpts. If we could see Ripley, the Firefly crew, etc again I'm pretty sure they would have a HUGE hit!

Cautiously optimistic as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting news. I am an original backer (one of the last 5 backers to actually get "fulfilled" I believe) and I really enjoy the game. I am happy with my first edition but will follow this campaign closely. I will probably wind up backing it as well. It is a terrific game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mawi
Mexico
flag msg tools
I´m so excited for this as I missed the first KS. Which month of Q4 you guys think it will come?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! I was really hoping that CMoN would pick this up, it seems like a natural fit. When I first played Project Elite, it felt like a more dynamic, fun, and tense version of Zombicide. The realtime element really works well with the endless-horde theme. CMoN makes great mini's and I'm sure they can find really clever ways to improve the play experience with more clear alien sculpts, card holders, player boards, iconography, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.