Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/24/eric-holder-2020-7...

Please, Democrats. Don't nominate him. It was hard enough to stomach voting for Hillary. Operation Fast and Furious is going to be a bigger hurdle for him to hop over than any email scandal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Sewell
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I just want to see a fresh face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MaxSewell wrote:

As trial balloons go this does rise to "Hindenburg Level". Seems more like a vanity run then anything else

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MaxSewell wrote:

Tell me about it. I'm getting increasingly anxious about what appears to be the defacto coronation of Elizabeth Warren as the Democratic candidate. Maybe she'll get better between now and then, but at least back in 2016 she wasn't a very good orator, and most importantly she's already been tarred and feathered by the opposition. Not to mention the sexism factor- I hate to say it but the stakes are too high to take chances this time around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep hearing people talking about Joe Biden, which...also no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mb
XanderF wrote:
I keep hearing people talking about Joe Biden, which...also no.

Biden is too fucking old.

Sanders is too fucking old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Bring Back Broadway Joe (Biden).

Let's see a fresh face, maybe someone similar to Trump, like say, Tom Steyer. He's a billionaire, a non-politician, speaks well, and recognizes that everything Trump did was wrong. And he has money to burn. Did I mention he's a billionaire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
abadolato01 wrote:
He's a billionaire, a non-politician,

Did we learn nothing ?!?!

Hell no
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
OPRAH!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david stairs
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
OPRAH!

How's about Steve harvey!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garhkal wrote:
dkearns wrote:
OPRAH!

I would vote for Steve Harvey. He would have no issues being open about not knowing what he's doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lola Granola
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can we have Al Franken back yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar the Woebringer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
No shit.

An unknown Joe or Jane Schmoe should be able to trounce Trump--provided they have some personality and speaking skills (I can wish these things weren't so important in getting someone elected, but it's the reality).

The only way the Democrats lose to Trump is to bring forth (another) candidate with a ton of baggage. Caveat: the economy of course will have a say, regardless of whether the President is responsible for good or ill. I still want someone younger without years of living under the (unfair) GOP crosshairs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garhkal wrote:
dkearns wrote:
OPRAH!

Solid option. I like where your head's at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edgarthewoebringer wrote:

The only way the Democrats lose to Trump is to bring forth (another) candidate with a ton of baggage. Caveat: the economy of course will have a say, regardless of whether the President is responsible for good or ill. I still want someone younger without years of living under the (unfair) GOP crosshairs.

People. You aren't getting it.

There is no opposition research that will work against Trump. He's a dullard, a horrible person and, in all likelihood, a Russian agent, and no one gives a shit.

By contrast, ALL opposition research will work against any Democrat, even the made up stuff. Hillary lost on the imagined horror contained in deleted emails (emails, for fucks sake) and very bad scandal that was Benghazi (although no one can actually explain why this was so very bad or even what Killary had to do with it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FPV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Sherrod Brown/Oprah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:

People. You aren't getting it.

There is no opposition research that will work against Trump. He's a dullard, a horrible person and, in all likelihood, a Russian agent, and no one gives a shit.

By contrast, ALL opposition research will work against any Democrat, even the made up stuff. Hillary lost on the imagined horror contained in deleted emails (emails, for fucks sake) and very bad scandal that was Benghazi (although no one can actually explain why this was so very bad or even what Killary had to do with it).

Don't forget the sex trafficking ring run out of the basement of that Pizza shop that didn't even have a basement...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar the Woebringer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I get that they will attack anyone, but it'll be much harder to make bullshit stick to an unknown than it is to the devil Hillary...the GOP base had decades to instill a primal hatred and fear of the she-gorgon.

Trump is not and never has been very popular. Hillary just happened to be the one candidate almost as unfavorable. Just be free of skeletons and be a decent speaker (able to withstand insults) and you'll beat him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Democrats can find another young nobody like Obama, they can beat Trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad should run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
While Oprah has zero experience in government, AFAIC she has as much business experiences as Trump, more business success than Trump, and as far as I can tell isn't a horrible monster of a person like Trump. And her business empire is the size of a small country, so it's not nothing in terms of relevant experience (I mean, it's not great either, but it's not nothing).

Wile she's not an ideal candidate by any stretch of the imagination, I think she could beat Trump. Baby boomer women (ie Republican women) love her. And I personally would vote for her over Trump. That's probably the only scenario in which I would ever vote for someone who has so little experience relevant to this particular office.

Holder has zero chance on account of his gun running scandal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:
While Oprah has zero experience in government, AFAIC she has as much business experiences as Trump, more business success than Trump, and as far as I can tell isn't a horrible monster of a person like Trump. And her business empire is the size of a small country, so it's not nothing in terms of relevant experience (I mean, it's not great either, but it's not nothing).

Wile she's not an ideal candidate by any stretch of the imagination, I think she could beat Trump. Baby boomer women (ie Republican women) love her. And I personally would vote for her over Trump. That's probably the only scenario in which I would ever vote for someone who has so little experience relevant to this particular office.

Holder has zero chance on account of his gun running scandal.

You’re talking about Fast and Furious right?

Vin Diesel would also make a good president if not for that.

soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
dkearns wrote:
OPRAH!

Campaign slogan: You get a car, and you get a car.... everybody gets a car.

She would win with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just be free of skeletons and be a decent speaker (able to withstand insults) and you'll beat him.

That may have been true of 2016. Trump has the advantage of being the incumbent, now, though - which means he'll get most the same voters and even some 'huh, I guess he wasn't so bad after all' voters...presuming the economy continues doing well. After all, when the economy is stable, the incumbent USUALLY gets re-elected, regardless of how disliked they are.

And since Trump is basically running on an immune-to-facts-or-critical-analysis platform, he's going to win or lose based on what the economy is doing, and little else. If the economy is in the shitter, you could run the head-in-a-jar of Chairman Mao and he'd beat Trump, but if the economy is doing well...the first/second coming (depending on your perspective) of the Messiah himself wouldn't be able to win against Trump...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:

Vin Desiel would also make a good president if not for that.

soblue

You watch your filthy mouth! Vin Diesel gets what Vin Diesel wants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.