Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Fireworks» Forums » General

Subject: Box top doesn't close? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
A recent review says in the cons that the firework launcher doesn't actually fit in the box - that the box cover doesn't close. Is this really the case? It's hard to believe that the designers didn't consider the size of the box when they made it, but you never know. He also said there are no bags included and no way to store the tiles, other than in a pile in the box.

My guess is that with the tiles all piled up in the box, it's too thick for the launcher to fit in with the cover on. I'm guessing it's not an issue when they ship the game because the tiles are on punch boards, but once punched, they fill up the box and take up too much space.

Any comments about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Well I'm certainly not even going to consider ordering this until I hear more about this. If you can't close the box top without crunching things, that's a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willis
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tiles are not on a punchboard, surprisingly. They are in a bag. I was able to get it 97% closed. Make sure the launcher is flush(?) with the bottom of the box.

It is a bit odd but I’ll keep working on it. Plus, I’ve got a few games in my collection that don’t close all the way but that is usually because I’ve got an expansion in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
I guess I just don't understand how a game designer designs a game box that's too small to hold the components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Still confused over this. I'm assuming when you first receive the game it's closed properly and there's shrink-wrap on it and the top isn't bulging out, right? Or is it? If not, then I'm confused why you can't just pack it the same way as when you first open it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Associate Marketing Manager
badge
Renegade Game Studios
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm able to close a punched copy of the game just fine! I push the fireworks tiles to the edges of the box, lay the die launcher in the middle, then place the player boards and cards on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Thanks. Odd that some are having such a hard time. How do the boards balance on the round launcher?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Associate Marketing Manager
badge
Renegade Game Studios
mbmbmbmbmb
They teeter, but the tiles bunched up at the edges helps stabilize them. It's not a problem when you close the box. Granted, I'd store this either horizontally, or vertically (but sandwiched between two other games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Griffiths
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our box closes fine, and we didn't have to do anything special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
I finally decided to give the game a chance and made the purchase. After going through the components, I tried packing it back up to see how you would store it all.

As far as the box top not closing, there is some truth to this. With it all packed in as best as I could, the top closes "mostly", but it does lift up slightly. The tube just doesn't sit exactly on the bottom due to the other parts working their way underneath a bit, and that raises it just enough that everything is high enough to raise the box top just slightly. In fact, just as I removed the shrink wrap, you could see the box top was lifted a bit. With the shrink on you could feel the top bulging a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.